Uh-Oh

wildcard

2 hours ago, TonySoprano said:

The Orioles started the year 4-1.  Would anyone reasonably extrapolate the data from that very small sample size to an entire season?  Nor should they.

I would have waited a lot more than two games to start looking for possible trends.   But hey, that's silly old me I guess.   

The 1998 Yankees (114-48) started out 1-4. I always remind myself in April that if the same winning streak or losing streak happened in July it wouldn't be a huge deal. (Unless some type of record is being set.)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, wildcard said:

O's are one game behind KC.

O's have gone 6-4 in the last 10 while KC is 1-9.

This thread is proving to be neither reactionary, nor trolling,  nor jumping the gun.

The O's are 16-15 since July 28th.

You're right, but let's not pretend that you don't jump the gun from time to almost every day.

12 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

You're right, but let's not pretend that you don't jump the gun from time to almost every day.

You could have stopped at  You're right.  

I project quite a bit.   Like to guess what is going to happen.   Its hard to do that if I wait until  whatever is happening has revealed itself.  Its one  of the fun parts of sports to try to guess what will happen.  There is a whole betting industry built on that idea.

Its one thing for posters to say they don't agree with the point I am making.  But the insults are unnecessary.

If you or anyone is going to say i jumped the gun it would be good  to wait until you know I am wrong.  That didn't happen in this case.