2019 Trade Deadline

sportsfan8703

I really hope to see us be able to load up on young talent similar to what we received in the Cashner trade. I would imagine in order to net guys with solid potential they’re going to be young and furthest away from the show. Guys currently in the dsl, rookie ball, ss, etc.

Morosi of MLB Network says the Orioles are talking to multiple teams about a Mancini deal.

Did Hyde blow our chance to deal Givens pitching him two days in a row which everyone knows is a problem for him?

Did anyone report yesterday the Brewers were interested in a Bundy deal? Before yesterdays game !

With Segura injured yesterday before our game will the Phillies be interested in Villar? He's better at 2B but played SS yesterday.

I hope someone will deal for Castro my least favorite pitcher. He must have pictures because they continue to let him blow leads.

Would Brooks be better coming out of the pen? He has been terrible his last two starts and looks really stressed when pitching. He may relax and improve with a move to the pen.

Can someone fix Tanner Scott? What a wasted talent.

17 minutes ago, section18 said:

Morosi of MLB Network says the Orioles are talking to multiple teams about a Mancini deal.

Did Hyde blow our chance to deal Givens pitching him two days in a row which everyone knows is a problem for him?

Did anyone report yesterday the Brewers were interested in a Bundy deal? Before yesterdays game !

With Segura injured yesterday before our game will the Phillies be interested in Villar? He's better at 2B but played SS yesterday.

I hope someone will deal for Castro my least favorite pitcher. He must have pictures because they continue to let him blow leads.

Would Brooks be better coming out of the pen? He has been terrible his last two starts and looks really stressed when pitching. He may relax and improve with a move to the pen.

Can someone fix Tanner Scott? What a wasted talent.

If everyone knows that would mean other teams right?

We should definitely be targeting teams with 40 man roster issues. HOU and TB come to mind. 

Hyde has handled Givens terribly this year. I know Hyde’s job is to win, but is it really?  He’s rode Givens hard in certain situations. 

If Buck could Pitch Ubaldo, then a team with a .340 winning percentage could try Dillon Tate. 

Hyde hasn’t had a lot to work with, but the last thing you want to do is run a player into the ground. 

Givens will leave us and it might take him the rest of the year to recover, but he’ll be a top set up man for 2 years for a contender. 

Just as an update about one of the deadline deals from last year...Gausman stunk it up again for Braves in his last start and may yet lose his rotation spot..Braves fan sites go nuts about his two pitch repertoire...lol and the Braves are paying Odays 9 million salary this year while he continues on the rehab.  Evan Phillips and Bruce Zimmermann and Brett Cumberland and Jean Encarnacion may yet turn out to be something or nothing for us..., but I don’t miss having either guy we dealt on this year’s team. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Just as an update about one of the deadline deals from last year...Gausman stunk it up again for Braves in his last start and may yet lose his rotation spot..Braves fan sites go nuts about his two pitch repertoire...lol and the Braves are paying Odays 9 million salary this year while he continues on the rehab.  Evan Phillips and Bruce Zimmermann and Brett Cumberland and Jean Encarnacion may yet turn out to be something or nothing for us..., but I don’t miss having either guy we dealt on this year’s team. 

SOUNDS FAMILIAR

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

It was still a terrible trade. A pure pathetic salary dump. Gausman has been inconsistent his whole career, but he'd still be the #2 SP on our team. I didn't dive into the pitch info for his last start, but in general he's been much more successful when he's thrown his slider more. 

• Upvote 1