Who is next?

mcloy

5 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

That still doesn't mean there's a great market for him.  

I didn't say he would be dealt. It's an ongoing debate between 3/4 guys and me. 

They think he's DFA fodder who should be dumped for spare parts or not tendered a contract come the off season.

The ridiculous comment about him be the 30+ worst ranked 2nd baseman in the league urged my response. 

I have no idea what to expect from a team looking to pick him up. I have no idea what Elias' asking price is except it's safe to assume he's looking for younger non 40 man talent based on the Cashner deal. Which is really all we have to go on.

Just now, Roll Tide said:

I didn't say he would be dealt. It's an ongoing debate between 3/4 guys and me. 

They think he's DFA fodder who should be dumped for spare parts or not tendered a contract come the off season.

The ridiculous comment about him be the 30+ worst ranked 2nd baseman in the league urged my response. 

I have no idea what to expect from a team looking to pick him up. I have no idea what Elias' asking price is except it's safe to assume he's looking for younger non 40 man talent based on the Cashner deal. Which is really all we have to go on.

Right but being ranked 30+ 2nd baseman vs. the mid 20s.  Not much difference there.

I think (hope) Elias targets more 17 year old DSL types. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Right but being ranked 30+ 2nd baseman vs. the mid 20s.  Not much difference there.

I actually think he's middle of the pack. The poster was insinuating that he's the worst staring 2B in the majors. Which just isn't true!  I think he can be traded for something of value if someone needs a 2B.

Id be okay with a couple lottery pick type guys. But hopefully he can find a closer, and more of a sure thing guy to go with that. 

A couple of years ago Peter allegedly block a deal with Houston that was said to include Surhoff's nephew Colin Moran. His current OPS is over 800. And so far his career is .796. I don't think we got anything close in the Britton deal with the Yankees and it's not certain what else was on the table. I know I'd like Moran on our team right now.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Roll Tide said:

I actually think he's middle of the pack. The poster was insinuating that he's the worst staring 2B in the majors. Which just isn't true!  I think he can be traded for something of value if someone needs a 2B.

Id be okay with a couple lottery pick type guys. But hopefully he can find a closer, and more of a sure thing guy to go with that. 

A couple of years ago Peter allegedly block a deal with Houston that was said to include Surhoff's nephew Colin Moran. His current OPS is over 800. And so far his career is .796. I don't think we got anything close in the Britton deal with the Yankees and it's not certain what else was on the table. I know I'd like Moran on our team right now.

I recall 

I'd say he's middle of the pack, too.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

In other news ....We just lost Jace Peterson. He opted out of his contract because he didn't get recalled despite having an OPS of 900.

He's 29 and likely a bust .... but a final look at the expense of cutting Braxton who is terrible would've made sense.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/07/jace-peterson-opts-out-orioles-contract.html

I think Peterson is better than Wilkerson.    Sorry to lose him (sort of).     

11 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

In other news ....We just lost Jace Peterson. He opted out of his contract because he didn't get recalled despite having an OPS of 900.

He's 29 and likely a bust .... but a final look at the expense of cutting Braxton who is terrible would've made sense.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/07/jace-peterson-opts-out-orioles-contract.html

I wouldn't say we really lost him.

31 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

30+ is replacement level. Mid 20's is a bona fide major leaguer. Could be an upgrade for someone who has a replacement level 2B or injury. Actually Fangraphs has him #12, and he can play SS.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

30+ is replacement level. Mid 20's is a bona fide major leaguer. Could be an upgrade for someone who has a replacement level 2B or injury. Actually Fangraphs has him #12, and he can play SS.

Thanks for the info! I rest my case.

7 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

Peterson was who I was thinking would come up if we dealt Villar. Martin/Alberto at SS and Wilkerson/Alberto at 2B, with someone being a UTIL guy. Not a big loss. I’m sure Reinhiemer or Vincej can fill that role just fine. 

13 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

By the way, Givens is #105 among relievers with 0.2 WAR.

Yeah, and if you take away two bad outings from Yacabonis he has a sub 2.00 ERA .

Givens is a known commodity. If one half season of individual stars mattered so much, we would’ve gotten more of a return for Cashner. The biggest reason why we might hold onto Givens is that that the market is flooded with teams selling. 

• Upvote 1

On 7/15/2019 at 7:15 AM, mdbdotcom said:

I'd be surprised if we traded with the Nationals until the MASN situation is resolved. And that could work both ways. Could be they were scouting the Rays.

On 7/15/2019 at 8:34 AM, Frobby said:

If that’s the Orioles’ policy, then it’s just plain stupid.    Trade with whoever gives you the best deal.   Period.   

https://www.google.com/amp/s/beta.washingtonpost.com/sports/the-nationals-and-orioles-have-never-agreed-to-a-trade-now-is-a-good-time-to-change-that/2019/07/16/580605cc-a81e-11e9-86dd-d7f0e60391e9_story.html%3foutputType=amp