vs. NATIONALS, 7/17

OFFNY

So Wilkerson is wearing that thing on his hand to protect his fingers if he slides headfirst 

[While I type this he is caught stealing on a traditional slide.  Ugh].

But doesn't that thing on his hand give him an unfair advantage?  It seems to be about 4 inches longer than his hand, and if the tip of it touches the base before he is tagged, he is safe.   

[And now Ruiz is picked off.  More ugh].

And the very next play, another idiotic display.  I mean I don't want sound negative to often and complain.  I know were going to lose the majority of our games.  The talent deficient is just obvious.  But these stupid mental beat yourself errors, they've been doing this all year and there's no end of them in sight.

1 minute ago, O's84 said:

And the very next play, another idiotic display.  I mean I don't want sound negative to often and complain.  I know were going to lose the majority of our games.  The talent deficient is just obvious.  But these stupid mental beat yourself errors, they've been doing this all year and there's no end of them in sight.

This is not a very heads up baseball team. Honestly, Mancini, Martin and Severino are some of the few high baseball IQ guys this team employs right now.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, O's84 said:

On the bases and fielding too. I'm talking about stupid plays in the field, not where they are just overmatched.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Tony-OH said:

This is not a very heads up baseball team. Honestly, Mancini, Martin and Severino are some of the few high baseball IQ guys this team employs right now.

Trying to think of another, can't. Givens, a fielder on the mound...

I apologize for complaining again, it's just frustrating to watch these mental mistakes.  Usually I'm not like this most games, but when it's against the Nationals (or NYY or BOS) sometimes I can't help myself. 

I am glad we finally have competent leadership and owner support though.  Even though it;s going to be a few bumpy years, there is a bright sunshine at the end of the tunnel.  I trust in Elias.