Hate to do it but... Dalton Pompey?

interloper

1 minute ago, weams said:

And By that. Let him play. There is nothing to be developed. No Super Two to be saved. Just let him play as long as he stays healthy. /Soapbox

I’m only concerned about the development part at this point.  In his case, I’d defer to the professionals who watch him every day.    He’s been hot since returning from the IL but still striking out about 25% of the time. That’s a bit concerning.   His K rates in AA and below were significantly lower than that, so he may be showing vulnerability to good secondary pitches, as he did during his major league stint in 2017.    It may be better for him to work on that in AAA for a while before exposing him to the even better secondary stuff he’ll see in the majors.    That’s for our development team to decide.   

• Upvote 1

Just now, Frobby said:

I’m only concerned about the development part at this point.  In his case, I’d defer to the professionals who watch him every day.    He’s been hot since returning from the IL but still striking out about 25% of the time. That’s a bit concerning.   His K rates in AA and below were significantly lower than that, so he may be showing vulnerability to good secondary pitches, as he did during his major league stint in 2017.    It may be better for him to work on that in AAA for a while before exposing him to the even better secondary stuff he’ll see in the majors.    That’s for our development team to decide.   

Ok then! Hope he stays healthy wherever he is. Guy has GOT to be anxious to try to show it though. Powah. No walking.  Show it. 

5 minutes ago, weams said:

Ok then! Hope he stays healthy wherever he is. Guy has GOT to be anxious to try to show it though. Powah. No walking.  Show it. 

His contact to damage ratio is tremendous this year.   ISO .256 at Norfolk, .254 at all levels.    He’s just a parade of doubles and homers when he makes contact.     

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm not sold that means much long term.  Hardy had a rap for not staying healthy and suddenly he was fine for years.

For a couple years JJ had great power. Concourse behind the LF seats power. 30-40 rows deep or whatever it is. It's ALL about swing mechanics, NOT size.

Swung DOWN on the ball. Backspin.

O you hard hearts, you cruel men of Rome, 
Knew you not Pompey? Many a time and oft 
Have you climb'd up to walls and battlements, 
To towers and windows, yea, to chimney-tops, 
Your infants in your arms, and there have sat 
The livelong day, with patient expectation, 
To see great Pompey pass the streets of Rome

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, MichaelK said:

O you hard hearts, you cruel men of Rome, 
Knew you not Pompey? Many a time and oft