The Death March begins

SteveA

August Death March: What will the Orioles' record be?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. How will the Orioles do in the next 22 games, 19 of which are against some of the best teams in MLB?

• 0-22 or 1-21
    • 2-20 or 3-19
    • 4-18
    • 5-17
    • 6-16
    • 7-15
    • 8-14
    • 9-13
    • 10-12
    • 11-11 or better

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/05/19 at 23:45

O's have been a winning team for the past 31 games, 16-15.

The last 29 games of the season, we actually have a very easy schedule, most of the games against non-contenders.

But between now and then, we have the August Death March.

• 3 vs Yankees
  • 3 vs Astros
  • 4 at Yankees
  • 3 at Red Sox
  • 3 vs Royals
  • 4 vs Rays
  • 2 at Nationals

That is a brutal 22 game stretch.   If we are going to "make up any ground" on Detroit for the #1 pick, we'll have to do it in the next 24 days.

• Thanks 2

I went ahead and voted 8-14.    Not as good as we’ve played the last month, but better than we’ve played overall.    It’s probably optimistic, but the Red Sox and Nats haven’t been that good this year, and the Royals stink.    

I'm hoping to muster a W in each series (7-15).  I expect to lose each night we play but always hope for a "miracle".  I'm confident that we can "gain ground" on the Tigers, who want to avoid being worse than their record setting AL losing season.  In addition, if we can get to 45 wins by the end of this "rough patch", our ability to get 50 wins will be an almost certainty!  I won't predict that Chris Davis will end up over the "Mendoza Line", however.  ⚾

An alternate title to this thread, "Uh-oh, what if the Orioles start losing again?"  

For those who love to work with very small sample sizes,  32 runs allowed including 16 HRs in only 3 games, and it happened at home.     

Well, O's fans, the good news is 4 more in NY next week, but since the Yankees are the home team, they only get 8 innings instead of 9 to run up the score vs. Baltimore.

• Haha 1