Oh yeah, just one more thing...

Moose Milligan

tenor.gif

As this team limps to the finish line over these next few weeks, there's not much I'm really looking for.  Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see us get the #1 pick but I don't think we will.  I'd like to see Austin Hays play well, Santander to continue to play well, Villar, Hanser, Nunez too...Means to finish strong in two or three more starts.

But the Orioles play the Dodgers tonight on Fox in a nationally televised game.  And we all know that Fox is not descending on Camden Yards for the Orioles.  Tonight's broadcast will cover a baseball game but it will also be more about the narrative of the Dodgers and will this be the year that they can get over the hump and win the World Series?  Sure, they might throw us a bone and mention Elias and how he was part of the Houston turnaround and I'm sure they'll mention Rutschman as a reason for future hope.  But this broadcast tonight will be focused mainly on the Dodgers, make no mistake.

Therefore, the one thing I'd REALLY like to see is the Orioles just absolutely beat the piss out of the Dodgers tonight.  We've got Bundy going which means it could be a great performance or he might not make it out of the second inning.  Rich Hill, a lefty, is going for the Dodgers so I'm sure Hanser will get two or three hits but I'm not sure about the rest.  It stands to be a hard game.

But there'd be nothing sweeter than to shut up the broadcast team on Fox tonight and have a laugher against the Dodgers.  

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

tenor.gif

As this team limps to the finish line over these next few weeks, there's not much I'm really looking for.  Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see us get the #1 pick but I don't think we will.  I'd like to see Austin Hays play well, Santander to continue to play well, Villar, Hanser, Nunez too...Means to finish strong in two or three more starts.

But the Orioles play the Dodgers tonight on ESPN in a nationally televised game.  And we all know that ESPN is not descending on Camden Yards for the Orioles.  Tonight's broadcast will cover a baseball game but it will also be more about the narrative of the Dodgers and will this be the year that they can get over the hump and win the World Series?  Sure, they might throw us a bone and mention Elias and how he was part of the Houston turnaround and I'm sure they'll mention Rutschman as a reason for future hope.  But this broadcast tonight will be focused mainly on the Dodgers, make no mistake.

Therefore, the one thing I'd REALLY like to see is the Orioles just absolutely beat the piss out of the Dodgers tonight.  We've got Bundy going which means it could be a great performance or he might not make it out of the second inning.  Rich Hill, a lefty, is going for the Dodgers so I'm sure Hanser will get two or three hits but I'm not sure about the rest.  It stands to be a hard game.

But there'd be nothing sweeter than to shut up the broadcast team on ESPN tonight and have a laugher against the Dodgers.  

We can laugh at the dodgers, when they get into the playoffs, and tanked, like they normally do in post season. :) :) :)

Between going out to dinner with my Dad and my brother’s family, and possibly sneaking a look at the Presidential debate when I get back, I’m not sure how much of the game I’ll get to see.    But, it will be interesting to see what the announcers have to say about the O’s, in between them microanalyzing the Dodgers.  

20 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

tenor.gif

But the Orioles play the Dodgers tonight on Fox in a nationally televised game.  And we all know that Fox is not descending on Camden Yards for the Orioles.  Tonight's broadcast will cover a baseball game but it will also be more about the narrative of the Dodgers and will this be the year that they can get over the hump and win the World Series?  Sure, they might throw us a bone and mention Elias and how he was part of the Houston turnaround and I'm sure they'll mention Rutschman as a reason for future hope.  But this broadcast tonight will be focused mainly on the Dodgers, make no mistake.

But there'd be nothing sweeter than to shut up the broadcast team on Fox tonight and have a laugher against the Dodgers.  

For those looking for an additional reason to get steamed up about tonight's game:

Rich Hill began his comeback by pitching for the Long Island Ducks of the Atlantic League in 2015. Lew Ford :down: was a Duck in 2015 (and still is, as a 43-year-old player-coach, apparently sheltered from the normal aging process by a pact with some netherworld figure). As far as I can tell, Hill and Ford -- both carrying family names that reflect geographic features, by the  way --  got along fine during Hill's brief time with the Ducks.  

1 hour ago, spiritof66 said:

For those looking for an additional reason to get steamed up about tonight's game:

Rich Hill began his comeback by pitching for the Long Island Ducks of the Atlantic League in 2015. Lew Ford :down: was a Duck in 2015 (and still is, as a 43-year-old player-coach, apparently sheltered from the normal aging process by a pact with some netherworld figure). As far as I can tell, Hill and Ford -- both carrying family names that reflect geographic features, by the  way --  got along fine during Hill's brief time with the Ducks.  

This alone earned you some rep from me! :D

2 hours ago, spiritof66 said:

Lew Ford is awesome.  He started his pro career in 1999.  He almost led the Long Island Ducks (who went 80-48) in OPS, falling less than 30 points behind David Washington (who was 0-for-6 for the '17 Orioles).   This despite being the oldest position player on the team by 11 years.  

In various years Ford has hit .364, .347, .333, .330, and  for the Long Island Ducks.  He hit .331 for Norfolk in '12.  He's played four years in the Venezuelan Winter League, and twice went to the Dominican Winter League.  He spent part of the '08 season with the Hanshin Tigers in Japan.  He's played in Mexico a few times.  

He's not quite on a Willis Otanez level yet, but he's played on over 20 professional teams.  Lew Ford might be my new favorite player.  I hope he plays for the Ducks again next year, I'll make sure to go see him when they come to play the Blue Crabs.

7 hours ago, Frobby said:

Between going out to dinner with my Dad and my brother’s family, and possibly sneaking a look at the Presidential debate when I get back, I’m not sure how much of the game I’ll get to see.    But, it will be interesting to see what the announcers have to say about the O’s, in between them microanalyzing the Dodgers.  

What an exciting finale to your evening. ?

32 minutes ago, Ohfan67 said:

What an exciting finale to your evening. ?

Well, it’s just possible that the question of who should be the next leader of the free world (including the incumbent) is more important than the question of whether the Orioles can improve their record to 48-98.     Now, if the O’s were trying for 88-58, I might feel differently.   

5 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

This alone earned you some rep from me! :D

I was a big fan of Lew Ford.

In his first play, in his first game with the Orioles, in what might’ve been his first inning in left field, he threw out, I thought it was Cespedes, but it might’ve been Michael choice, trying to stretch a single into a double. I remember the ground was wet and he slipped going for the ball, but he recovered perfectly and threw a strike to second that Omar Quintanilla Grabbed and stuck just in between the bag and the foot. I have looked for that video many times, but I sure did watch it a lot, and I was so happy for Ford.

He wasn’t the only symbol of that 2012 season, but he was certainly one of the big ones. And a trivia question and answer, Ford got the very last RBI of the 2012 season, against the Yankees.

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Well, it’s just possible that the question of who should be the next leader of the free world (including the incumbent) is more important than the question of whether the Orioles can improve their record to 48-98.     Now, if the O’s were trying for 88-58, I might feel differently.   

It's just a bunch of people standing around making promises about things that they can't follow up on because either they're either just trying to get your vote and will tell you whatever sounds good or the office doesn't hold the power to allow those things to happen (checks and balances).

I'm not saying it's NOT important, but c'mon, you probably already know what they're going to say.  Plus debates are only interesting for the one-liners and comebacks and you can see those tomorrow on any news site.

Or, you could watch your favorite team in mid September.  Not too many Orioles games left, Frobby.  Maybe Bundy rises up and throws a gem.  Maybe Renato Nunez hits a couple of homers or maybe Santander does.  Maybe Hays makes another outstanding catch.  Dodgers are throwing a lefty and Hanser is leading off.  

You'd rather watch the debates instead of that?  You work hard, you stress from legal mumbo jumbo all day, you come home and have the option to crack a beer, put up your feet and watch a game or add more stress to your life?  And it's not like this circus sideshow won't be traveling from town to town for the next 14 months!  Plenty of time to see them debate over the course of this winter as the temperature drops to match their cold, black, withered lying hearts.  

Or you could watch a baseball game.  There's only a handful of them remaining.  Don't let them slip through your fingers, Frobby.  Don't let them slip through your fingers.

56 minutes ago, Frobby said:

First, I was  teasing. Second, I’m pretty confident that question won’t be answered  tonight. Third, I actually follow politics and news closely, but watching ten politicians on stage at once “debating” is not very informative IMO. But mostly I was teasing. ?

Archived