Bradford again awful Arlington alternate apparel

Benny the K

Last night (Saturday August 16), Rays @ Rangers, Chad Bradford trotted in with one out and sacks loaded in the bottom of the 7th, Rangers up 2-0.

Did he give up a run? Guess . . .

Thing is, I was sitting in the same section next to the visitors' bullpen earlier this season (Thursday April 10) when Bradford trotted out for the O's in the bottom of the 8th with the score tied at 4. And . . .

In the ever-ongoing, evenly-pitched battle between Sonar and Submarine®s, Bradford would be taking on water.

I have no idea what the last sentence means, but the rest of the post is fairly inaccurate. Bradford wasn't "awful." He faced three batters and retired two of them. He did walk a guy to force home a run, but he's not the one who loaded the bases. Hard to blame him for the previous pitchers' failures.

Wait, waitwaitwaitwaitwait.

Bradford comes in, with only one out and the bases loaded, aganist the best offense in all of baseball, and only allows one run to come home? And that's "awful?" You've got to be kidding me.

Actually, I don't think he is...

Didn't mean for that to sound so ominous or oblique. Low-sidearm deliveries like Bradford (or, I dunno, B. Kim, B. Hooton) used to be called "submarine."

And yeah, "awful" was probably a slight overstatement, though he did walk in the run . . .

We know, we just don't understand the rest of it.

Archived