Would You Switch Divisions with the Nationals?

TonySoprano

I'm sure the knee jerk reaction would be, "Sure, Soprano, in a heartbeat."   Would you miss the "rivalry" with the Yankees or Red Sox?  Would you rather watch N.L. baseball?  That's all part of the deal.  Milwaukee switched back to being a N.L. city in 1998.    The Orioles were a N.L. team at one time.....1892-99.   Would you switch leagues?  Why or why not?

quote-washington-first-in-war-first-in-p

Probably.  The Boston/NY stuff is just so tiring and exhausting.  And TOR and TB are two of the jankiest playing surfaces to play on 9-10 times a year.

I wouldn't be thrilled about going to the NL but within the next decade I think the NL will have the DH.

Heck yeah.  Easier path to the playoffs.   Don't have to pay a DH.    Mets and Phillies essentially replace Yanks and Red Sox with 1/10 the competence.   Braves perennial playoff choke artists. Miami Marlins a joke of an organization. 

Edited by GuidoSarducci

I've got a hard time watching NL ball.  Watching pitchers hit is insufferable.  And then listening to NL fans talk about a double switch like it's the absolute zenith of baseball strategy is terrible, too.

I'd prefer to stay, really.  I want Elias and his group to do really well and be able to build a team that can compete with Boston and NY.  I don't want to take the easy way out.

That said, if it happened...wouldn't really complain.  

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, TonySoprano said:

I'm sure the knee jerk reaction would be, "Sure, Soprano, in a heartbeat."   Would you miss the "rivalry" with the Yankees or Red Sox?  Would you rather watch N.L. baseball?  That's all part of the deal.  Milwaukee switched back to being a N.L. city in 1998.    The Orioles were a N.L. team at one time.....1892-99.   Would you switch leagues?  Why or why not?

quote-washington-first-in-war-first-in-p

Astros switched leagues. 

5 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

Mets announcers shoving the '69 WS in our faces 19 times every year? No thanks.

That.  Or the Yankees fans shoving their 27 or whatever rings in our face 19 times every year.  I'd rather have the former.

Honestly, I'm most interested in being competitive as frequently as possible.  And, to me, that's clearly easier in the NL East.  So yes, I'd change in a heartbeat.

Not a fan of watching the #8 batter constantly be intentionally walked so that the pitcher can strike out with men on first and third and two outs.  Also not a fan of using up your entire short bench doing double switches to try to avoid having an .090 hitter come up in the late innings of close games.

I'm sure I could grow to hate Philly and Mets and Nats fans as much as I dislike Red Sox and Yanks fans.  

I guess I could live with it.  But I'd rather just do away with divisions, or even better form 3-4 geographically aligned leagues.  In the latter we'd just combine the AL and NL East and that's a league and our entire regular season schedule is with those teams.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Not a fan of watching the #8 batter constantly be intentionally walked so that the pitcher can strike out with men on first and third and two outs.  Also not a fan of using up your entire short bench doing double switches to try to avoid having an .090 hitter come up in the late innings of close games.

I'm sure I could grow to hate Philly and Mets and Nats fans as much as I dislike Red Sox and Yanks fans.  

I guess I could live with it.  But I'd rather just do away with divisions, or even better form 3-4 geographically aligned leagues.  In the latter we'd just combine the AL and NL East and that's a league and our entire regular season schedule is with those teams.  

While I totally agree with you about watching the pitcher bad.

I would rather have the pitcher bat, then to have 2 sets of rules, 1 for each league. You should have the set of rules for the same game, regardless of league. IMO