MLB will be going to a three-batter minimum rule in 2020 that should make it especially difficult for lefties who struggle versus righties to find work.

weams

I think a better solution would have been to put a cap on the number of pitching moves you can make in each game (not counting injury-related moves) and let the manager's determine how he wants to use those moves. This seems very reactionary and definitely works against the smaller market teams who are forced to be more creative with their relievers because they can't afford high end starting pitchers. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

I think a better solution would have been to put a cap on the number of pitching moves you can make in each game (not counting injury-related moves) and let the manager's determine how he wants to use those moves. This seems very reactionary and definitely works against the smaller market teams who are forced to be more creative with their relievers because they can't afford high end starting pitchers. 

Then you could end up with a situation in which a manger bungles his moves and you have a one inning reliever out there that doesn't have his stuff getting lit up while throwing 40+ pitches.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Then you could end up with a situation in which a manger bungles his moves and you have a one inning reliever out there that doesn't have his stuff getting lit up while throwing 40+ pitches.

I'm fine with that. I don't think MLB managers work nearly as hard as the managers in other sports. Not during the games at least. Make them earn their paychecks. 

1 hour ago, wildbillhiccup said:

Or the high end $10 million/yr plus setup relievers.