New Start Times

weams

1 hour ago, TommyPickles said:

Guess my buddies and I will no longer be driving down from Philly after work for any of those games... We we're already showing up around the bottom of the 2nd/top of the 3rd as it was...  But good for the kiddos, I guess.

Not good for kids as most people with kids live in the suburbs.  Pretty hard to get to stadium by 630 from the suburbs driving in rush hour traffic.  Probably less people will watch games on TV with kids.  

16 hours ago, Frobby said:

Certainly not great for me.    Driving from DC in time to make a 7 pm game was hard enough.    But I try to avoid weeknight games anyway.    I usually end up with 2-4 of them anyway, the way my group’s ticket draft works.    

The games will go so much quicker with the new three-batter minimum that you'll be back home in plenty of time to catch up with that afternoon's work.  ?

• Upvote 1

I was thinking that 7:30 start time would actually be better for me.  As that way we could have dinner and traffic would have died down. I don't really see this 6:30 start time sticking. Maybe they are trying to drive down attendance.    

I don't know what the percentages are but I bet most of the fans who attend games don't live in the inner city area.  

14 hours ago, atomic said:

Not good for kids as most people with kids live in the suburbs.  Pretty hard to get to stadium by 630 from the suburbs driving in rush hour traffic.  Probably less people will watch games on TV with kids.  

Not hard at all.  We live in Carroll County and we're usually there by around 6 or so.

17 hours ago, VaBird1 said:

How is anyone going to get there for the start of the game?

I dont live in downtown, but it usually takes me about 25 minutes to get to OPACY even at rush hour.

Im usually arrive at 5 for a game at 7.

It this helps with attendance, then great.

People dont like change.

So on that fact along, some fans are already complaining.

Fans like Frobby, loyal to the team, and living/working into another city, I feel their pain trying to get to game at an earlier starting time.

51 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

I dont live in downtown, but it usually takes me about 25 minutes to get to OPACY even at rush hour.

Im usually arrive at 5 for a game at 7.

It this helps with attendance, then great.

People dont like change.

So on that fact along, some fans are already complaining.

Fans like Frobby, loyal to the team, and living/working into another city, I feel their pain trying to get to game at an earlier starting time.

You leave at 4:30?   I live in North Baltimore and when I had season tickets I often didn't make it to the game until 7:15 PM.  If  I left at 6:15 by the time I parked and walked to the stadium and got to my seats it was 7:15 PM.  Leaving earlier wouldn't have helped as there would have only been more traffic.  

18 hours ago, VaBird1 said:

How is anyone going to get there for the start of the game?

Let's see... in weekday traffic from my work OPACY is probably about 2 1/2 hours or so, maybe three.  So I'd need to leave work at 3:30.  Game's over at 9:30, 9:45, traffic much lighter on the way home, so there's a chance I'm walking in the door before midnight. Not too bad, around nine hours door-to-door.

That's why I've been to one weekday night game in the last two decades.

• Upvote 1