Orioles Open to Trading Bundy - Per Rosenthal

wildbillhiccup

5 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Curious to see the outrage on the return of a Bundy trade.  I'm predicting that a lot of us overrate Bundy (like we do with most all of our "assets") and will be grumpy at the return.  

What did Ken share with you over soup?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

What does Bundy offer the 2022 team?  So yeah, we should probably listen to offers. 

You still need players to pitch innings.   It was often a stretch to get the innings covered.  With being limited to 13 pitchers and having to add more position players to the 40 man roster it is going to be hard to get through a season if you have a bunch of guys who can't get guys out. 

10 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Curious to see the outrage on the return of a Bundy trade.  I'm predicting that a lot of us overrate Bundy (like we do with most all of our "assets") and will be grumpy at the return.  

If we aren't getting anything back, then why trade him.  He is better than the waiver wire claims we will make to fill his role. 

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

It already started getting better last year.

2018: 2.1 HR/9

1st half 2019: 2.0 HR/9

2nd half 2019: 1.1 HR/9

Now do I think he’ll yield 1.1 HR/9 or less in the future?    Not really.   But I think he may have learned how to keep the long balls within reason.  

He was terrible at one point. I think he was becoming 2018 Chris Tillman.  Falling velocity and giving up a ton of home runs.  He seemed to turn it around in the second half.  Maybe better to see if he can pitch well first half of the season this upcoming year. 

20 minutes ago, atomic said:

You still need players to pitch innings.   It was often a stretch to get the innings covered.  With being limited to 13 pitchers and having to add more position players to the 40 man roster it is going to be hard to get through a season if you have a bunch of guys who can't get guys out. 

You don’t not make moves for the future so you can cover innings in a 100+ loss season. That doesn’t even sound right. 

We’re not good, and we’re not going to sniff being good realistically until 2022. So we might as well trade any assets that won’t be here in 2022. 

At this point I don’t even buy the theory of him having a “good” first half and selling him at the deadline. Teams haven’t been mortgaging their future for the wildcard spots. Actually, how many “bullpen” games did we see pitched last playoffs?  The time to trade him is now, when there’s more teams that think they have a chance. If his value could be higher, oh well big deal. It is what it is. 

• Upvote 1

Bundy has no value so why trade him? Someone needs to pitch the next couple of years and I really hate seeing guys like Wojciechowski pitch. Bundy at least gives me a reason to root for him to do well because he’s home grown. 

of course if he is traded for something good then it’s whatever but that’s not happening.

3 hours ago, Greg Pappas said:

For all...
A.) Using comparable O's prospects, which trade would be about what you'd expect?
B.) What trade would be what you'd accept?

An example would be Bundy to Team X for Keegan Akin and Brett Cumberland (for either question).

I’d take a middle infield version of Ryan McKenna

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, OrioleDog said:

Hat tip to the Statcast podcast for this tidbit, but the Angels are another team in the same basic position as the White Sox, with the kicker they were just the first team in about a century to finish a season with ZERO pitchers with 20 Games Started.  Bundy is the "right kind" of player for the White Sox/Angels/Padres type team that needs the 162-value to make it to October, even if he might get left off the playoff roster of a super team.

...I'm still not convinced the Padres would view him as an upgrade over any of their SPs. They already have plenty of Dylan Bundy types...they need a true #1 SP. 

2 hours ago, atomic said:

He was terrible at one point. I think he was becoming 2018 Chris Tillman.  Falling velocity and giving up a ton of home runs.  He seemed to turn it around in the second half.  Maybe better to see if he can pitch well first half of the season this upcoming year. 

You can set your watch by @atomic's consistent and undying pessimism :) 

4 hours ago, Greg Pappas said:

For all...
A.) Using comparable O's prospects, which trade would be about what you'd expect?
B.) What trade would be what you'd accept?

An example would be Bundy to Team X for Keegan Akin and Brett Cumberland (for either question).

I'll try my hand 

Angels ...Sandoval and Maitan

White Sox ....Steiver and Yolbert Sanchez

Padres....Morejon and Avila