How the Orioles could win the World Series next year.

GuidoSarducci

8 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

Last place is last place and I think it's been well established they you're in the minority in thinking that Villar can be a 3+ WAR player again. 

Who cares about the 3 WAR ....Quit being a troll  .... You dont need to remind me in nearly every post that we disagree. It's well noted!

The Orioles missed the wild card by 42 games. The poster mentioned signing 3 high priced guys to help get you to the World Series.

My simple point ....Not arguing any specific player but they already deducted wins by dealing away two veteran players. And that's not taking into consideration that the guys who likely replace them are likely below replacement level.

35 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I think Guido does have one solid point in his favor, which is that WAR, run differential and actual wins don’t always correlate.    After all, did we add 24 wins worth of talent between 2011 and 2012?    No, but we won 24 more games.   

Two problems with that, though: (1) large discrepancies like that can occur, but they’re not very common, and (2) we’d need to add 40 wins, not 24, to be a World Series contender.    

and (3) Joe Saunders.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

You should probably compare the run scoring environments before using that sort of logic.

Fair point, but the Rays scored only 769 this year so not that far off.   Add Rendon, dump Davis, we see improvement from some of youngsters and a few new faces who wouldn't break the bank and then its all down to pitching. 

14 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Who cares about the 3 WAR ....Quit being a troll  .... You dont need to remind me in nearly every post that we disagree. It's well noted!

The Orioles missed the wild card by 42 games. The poster mentioned signing 3 high priced guys to help get you to the World Series.

My simple point ....Not arguing any specific player but they already deducted wins by dealing away two veteran players. And that's not taking into consideration that the guys who likely replace them are likely below replacement level.

You commented on something you posted hours ago (when you've been on the board all day) and I'm the troll?   My point is and was that they still would have finished in last place. And does it really matter if they finish 42 or 32 games out of the wildcard race? Last place is last place. If you want to bring this back to your point about retaining Villar would have given you a reason to root for them that's fine, but it wouldn't have moved the needle. I think it would be best if I didn't read or respond to any of your posts for awhile, but feel free to continue pissing in the wind if it helps you cope. 

Just now, Enjoy Terror said:

"The Orioles could win the World Series next year by signing three great pitchers for a lot of money."

What kind of lazy thread making is this? Where are the mods? It's not only not creative, it's not true.

So we’re going to sic the mods on threads we disagree with now?

5 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

You commented on something you posted hours ago (when you've been on the board all day) and I'm the troll?   My point is and was that they still would have finished in last place. And does it really matter if they finish 42 or 32 games out of the wildcard race? Last place is last place. If you want to bring this back to your point about retaining Villar would have given you a reason to root for them that's fine, but it wouldn't have moved the needle. I think it would be best if I didn't read or respond to any of your posts for awhile, but feel free to continue pissing in the wind if it helps you cope. 

You two need to stop. Now. None of us want this. 

3 minutes ago, Enjoy Terror said:

The mods make plenty of time to throw the hammer down on things they disagree with, so yes?

I think the thread premise is ridiculous. I defend his right to be ridiculous. My problem is with the other poster's banter.