The Orioles spring training cap is terrible.

Moose Milligan

All but a few of the teams' ST hats turned out really bad, but Baltimore's may be the worst of the bunch.

It's also available in black and white...can't tell which is worse.

https://www.mlbshop.com/baltimore-orioles/mens-baltimore-orioles-new-era-black/white-2020-batting-practice-59fifty-fitted-hat/t-69556362+p-145195567933+z-8-3112330579?_ref=p-DLP:m-GRID:i-r4c0:po-12

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Sorry to steer you guys away from the constant debate and speculation on how we'll finish in last place this year and what players we'll be doing it with.  Wanted to bring this to your attention.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/orioles/new-era-spring-training-hats-get-poor-reviews-especially-orioles-cap

orioleshat_twitter_0.jpg?itok=_l7-jPJt

I hope none of you are buying this.

GOD awful! LOL!

34 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

This is on point. I guess people buy these spring training hats so MLB keeps redesigning them, but I honestly don't understand what's wrong with just wearing your regular cap. I know it's a money grab thing, but I guess as long people keep buying them they will keep making a new one each year. 

Perhaps this one, which I agree is quite awful, will begin the process of stopping this trend.

This whole trend of having special caps or jerseys for spring training, pre-game workouts etc. to convince people to buy more merchandise annoys me greatly.   The new ST logo is ugly but I wouldn’t have bought any such gear anyway.    

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Frobby said:

This whole trend of having special caps or jerseys for spring training, pre-game workouts etc. to convince people to buy more merchandise annoys me greatly.   The new ST logo is ugly but I wouldn’t have bought any such gear anyway.    

I'll be honest, I usually buy these on-sale for workout hats.  I preferred the mesh style than this new fabric, but it seems to absorb the sweat a bit more when I go running in the summer.  This one...may have to go on the dirt cheap/giveaway sale before I buy.  

1 hour ago, canonfaz said:

If Elias had anything to do with this we are screwed!

He might have.  Apparently the teams were the ones who chose the two logos to use, so we can blame somebody within the Orioles organization for this.  https://www.forbes.com/sites/demetriusbell/2020/02/04/new-era-puts-logos-inside-of-logos-with-2020-mlb-batting-practice-collection-hats/#3f3b76d6310a