The Orioles spring training cap is terrible.

Moose Milligan

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

Flat brims only work if you're a scrawny teenager.  If you're a middle aged white guy they look kinda silly.

The 49ers coach looked like a middle aged white guy trying to be a 22-year-old rapper and (of course) failing miserably.  At least Andy Reid embraces the 60-year-old walrus aesthetic. I can respect that.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, DrungoHazewood said:

I'm trying to imagine the kind of person who'd wear this hat un-ironically.

I don't really like that hat either, but it's better than the new spring training cap that looks like a manufacturer''s defect. My preference would be the O's just where their regular caps and stop turning everything into a cash grab. If the Orioles want my money then offer MASN as a streaming option instead of forcing me to subscribe to cable. 

14 hours ago, DrungoHazewood said:

The 49ers coach looked like a middle aged white guy trying to be a 22-year-old rapper and (of course) failing miserably.  At least Andy Reid embraces the 60-year-old walrus aesthetic. I can respect that.

I judge coaches based on how they wear their hats too. ?

I think the Third Alternate kit/cap thing is often targeted at the people who don't want to be like everyone else.  Soccer teams whose colors are blue and white will have yellow or turquoise 3rd kits.  The Orioles probably think they can sell caps to 475 people who'd otherwise never buy one, plus the 332 people who obsessively collect every piece of kit the franchise ever produces.

• Upvote 1

On 2/6/2020 at 11:24 AM, Moose Milligan said:

Sorry to steer you guys away from the constant debate and speculation on how we'll finish in last place this year and what players we'll be doing it with.  Wanted to bring this to your attention.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/orioles/new-era-spring-training-hats-get-poor-reviews-especially-orioles-cap

orioleshat_twitter_0.jpg?itok=_l7-jPJt

I hope none of you are buying this.

I’m literally wearing my 2019 spring training cap now, I have a streak going back to 2014, I feel I must buy it to keep the streak going...