Davis is definitley jacked this year...

Sir_Loin

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

C'mon, he's a .175 hitter.  He's been that way for two years.  There's no reason he should be getting the attention he gets.

Well if ownership would let Elias cut him...

Really I think a lot of the attention is because Davis is shredded. He'll still suck, but now look good staring at strike three. 

13 hours ago, atomic said:

I have an XXL frame and am inch shorter than Davis. I could probably add 25 pounds in a few months if I followed a beer and pizza diet.  But I don’t think 25 pounds of muscle is anyway possible.

A guy like Davis could easily add 25 lbs in 4 months. People should look at basic training for soldiers, any old Instagram girl that just does squats 2-3 times a week, and skinny basketball players do it all the time. The question is... has Davis sacrificed flexibility. 

Davis has a big frame and I’d say is an advanced weight lifter. It likely means he spent 2-3 hours, 6 days a week, in the gym. So much for not working hard...

13 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Flu season still going strong, and combine that with all those players traveling to Florida and being around each other it's a recipe for getting sick. Better now than closer to the end of March. 

Something about flying in airplanes with other people carrying germs.

I try and bone up on airbourne, its not 100% solution, but it really does help, and wont harm your system either.

13 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

C'mon, he's a .175 hitter.  He's been that way for two years.  There's no reason he should be getting the attention he gets.

You take any named star of another team that has similar issues, like Ryan Howard, etc in that market, and check their social media, and I am sure they got blasted.

1 hour ago, Redskins Rick said:

You take any named star of another team that has similar issues, like Ryan Howard, etc in that market, and check their social media, and I am sure they got blasted.

Tell me something I already don't know about Davis.  Provide me some insight on what the Orioles can do with him/need to do with him, etc.  

What has been said has been said.  Repeatedly.  No one is bringing any new insight to the table.  It's the same recycled tropes over and over again.  

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Tell me something I already don't know about Davis.  Provide me some insight on what the Orioles can do with him/need to do with him, etc.  

What has been said has been said.  Repeatedly.  No one is bringing any new insight to the table.  It's the same recycled tropes over and over again.  

I agree with you, its a dead horse, and the trolls do their best to keep it circulating.

4 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

A guy like Davis could easily add 25 lbs in 4 months. People should look at basic training for soldiers, any old Instagram girl that just does squats 2-3 times a week, and skinny basketball players do it all the time. The question is... has Davis sacrificed flexibility. 

Davis has a big frame and I’d say is an advanced weight lifter. It likely means he spent 2-3 hours, 6 days a week, in the gym. So much for not working hard...

No one in my basic training gained significant muscle.  But of course none of us were taking steroids.  We weren't lifting weights but we did push-ups for sure.  But running and all the other activity really kind of just made you better in shape.   

I have gone to a lot of gyms.  I have never seen anyone gain 25 pounds of muscle in 4 months.  25 pounds of muscle gain is a huge amount.  A lot of guys who you see who have huge amounts of muscles at gyms are on steroids.  Some of those muscle building formulas have steroids in them.   

35 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Are you being forced to read this thread at gunpoint?    I mean, you are absolutely right, but if you’re tired of reading about the same old points, then don’t.   

(I’ll be happy to PM you if someone actually makes a point that hasn’t been made before!  ?)

2 minutes ago, atomic said:

No one in my basic training gained significant muscle.  But of course none of us were taking steroids.  We weren't lifting weights but we did push-ups for sure.  But running and all the other activity really kind of just made you better in shape.   

I have gone to a lot of gyms.  I have never seen anyone gain 25 pounds of muscle in 4 months.  25 pounds of muscle gain is a huge amount.  A lot of guys who you see who have huge amounts of muscles at gyms are on steroids.  Some of those muscle building formulas have steroids in them.   

I'll confirm that no male in my basic put on significant muscle.  I'd say on average weight went down a couple of pounds for the males.  We did have some female soldiers go from barely being able to do a push up to a fair amount of muscle but they were starting from a much different place.

I'll not say 25 pounds is impossible for a trained athlete who has slimmed down and has a solid frame to work with.  But his body fat is going to be up and he'll probably sweat out some of the extra water weight pretty quickly into the season.

10 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Are you being forced to read this thread at gunpoint?    I mean, you are absolutely right, but if you’re tired of reading about the same old points, then don’t.   

(I’ll be happy to PM you if someone actually makes a point that hasn’t been made before!  ?)

Feel free to PM me, then.  I check Davis threads for two reasons:

1. Slightly more interesting than the work I should be doing 
  2. Hope that there's some news about him being cut/retirement

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

Feel free to PM me, then.  I check Davis threads for two reasons:

1. Slightly more interesting than the work I should be doing 
  2. Hope that there's some news about him being cut/retirement

There will be no less than 16 simultaneous threads about that when it happens, rest assured.