Big evening for Thomas Eshelman

wildcard

All one needs to do is look 4 posts up and see that I am hesitant on Esch.  That said, I am always wary of the ST game where there a gagillion HRs and the report is Wind 5 mph out to CF.  Anyone there can say if that 5 mph is accurate. 

Tho looking at the pitch placement he left the first two HRs middle middle.

1 minute ago, Camden_yardbird said:

All one needs to do is look 4 posts up and see that I am hesitant on Esch.  That said, I am always wary of the ST game where there a gagillion HRs and the report is Wind 5 mph out to CF.  Anyone there can say if that 5 mph is accurate. 

I hear you.    The homers seem a bit one-sided, though (6-2 at the moment).    

2 minutes ago, Camden_yardbird said:

Don't forget he gave up 4 doubles too.   9 hits (7 extra base) and a walk in 2 innings.   No, I didn't see the game but it certainly isn't encouraging.   Especially when we know from the start we are dealing with someone who doesn't really have a major league arsenal of pitches.

17 minutes ago, wildcard said:

This kind of makes the 5th starter competition wide open.     Milone and Velazquez may have a better shot than Eshelman.  I hope one of them can put it together.

Wonder if Zimmerman could legitimately be in the mix?   He's getting the start tomorrow, albeit only because of Cobb's blister.

Would be a bit unprecedented for Elias to promote someone who has only 38 innings above AA, I realize.

43 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Wonder if Zimmerman could legitimately be in the mix?   He's getting the start tomorrow, albeit only because of Cobb's blister.

Would be a bit unprecedented for Elias to promote someone who has only 38 innings above AA, I realize.

I think if he has an excellent outing he may well be in the mix.   

Therefore, he will have a terrible outing.   

4 hours ago, Camden_yardbird said:

I would be wary if it was Scherzer grooving fastballs in March. This us Tom Eshelman we're talking about. 

3 hours ago, wildcard said:

This kind of makes the 5th starter competition wide open.     Milone and Velazquez may have a better shot than Eshelman.  I hope one of them can put it together.

I mean, I sincerely hope it was wide open before Eshelman's start.  Not that it matters that much, but Eshelman as the five starter is cringe worthy.

5 hours ago, Camden_yardbird said:

Wind was non existent