Filling The Baseball VOID

cboemmeljr

With Spring Training and the baseball season in limbo due to the #coronavirus, I was wondering what everyone is doing to get their baseball "fix".  Obviously you are here at #OsHangout to fill the void.  Aside form visiting this site, what are you doing?  I personally am going to start by reading Billy Ripken's book State Of Play.  What baseball books are you reading?  Any good recommendations?

• Upvote 4

Somewhat interested to see what Billy's take is on the game.  Curious to see what your thoughts are.

Anti reading, I'll be picking up MLB The Show in a couple days when it's released.  Quarantining myself, will play a good chunk of that.  Maybe try to get the Orioles to the World Series.

And, baring the nerd depths of my soul here to you fellow nerds, I unleash to you a blog that I'd started back in September and will pick up again here shortly...

https://notanotherbaseballcardblog.wordpress.com

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Somewhat interested to see what Billy's take is on the game.  Curious to see what your thoughts are.

Anti reading, I'll be picking up MLB The Show in a couple days when it's released.  Quarantining myself, will play a good chunk of that.  Maybe try to get the Orioles to the World Series.

And, baring the nerd depths of my soul here to you fellow nerds, I unleash to you a blog that I'd started back in September and will pick up again here shortly...

https://notanotherbaseballcardblog.wordpress.com

My son has his copy of MLB The Show...he got the version with the hat.  I am now following your blog and look forward to reading it.  If there is enough interest, I will post my thoughts on the book.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

"wrote"

Also Shakespeare hoarded grain and gouged folks during a famine.

Speaking of hoarding... was just out for groceries. EVERY single roll of toilet paper and paper towels was gone. People are nuts!

1 hour ago, scOtt said:

I'll probably play some Civ V too. Once you start a game you're sucked in for 8 hours. One more turn, then I'll go to bed......

I know that only too well.  In fact I had a friend who had to throw the game away just so he wouldn't be temped.

Meanwhile, I'm still on Civ 2.  It's a great game but I'd like to get one of the later Civs.  Not sure my computer can handle them though.  Might be able to run Civ 4.  I'll look into it.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, O's84 said:

I know that only too well.  In fact I had a friend who had to throw the game away just so he wouldn't be temped.

Meanwhile, I'm still on Civ 2.  It's a great game but I'd like to get one of the later Civs.  Not sure my computer can handle them though.  Might be able to run Civ 4.  I'll look into it.

https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, O's84 said:

I have a copy of every version up thru 5. I even have a copy of the original Colonization. You can play one of 4 civilizations, England, France, Spain or the Dutch. Objective is to build colonies, collect resources and make finished goods from them, rebel and gain independence from your mother country.