2020 Round 2 (39): Hudson Haskin - OF - (Soph)(Tulane)

2019 All-American Athletic Conference Second Team
2019 Collegiate Baseball Freshmen All-American Team
2019 NCBWA Freshman All-America First Team
2019 All-LSWA First Team
2019 LSWA Freshman of the Year
2019 D1 Baseball Freshman All-America First Team
2019 Baseball America All-America Second Team
2020 Collegiate Baseball Preseason All-America Second Team 
2020 All-American Athletic Conference Preseason Team
2020 Perfect Game/Rawlings Preseason All-America Second Team
2020 D1baseball Preseason All-America Second Team
2020 NCBWA Preseason All-America Second Team
2020 USA Baseball Golden Spikes Award Preseason Watch List

2020 (Sophomore): Started all 17 games as a sophomore in the outfield… Finished fourth on the team in batting average, while finishing third on the team in total hits, third in runs scored, RBI and total bases… Batted .333 with 22 hits, including a team-leading six doubles, one triple and a home run, driving in 14 with 18 runs scored… Led the team in walks with 14, slugging .500 with a .452 on-base percentage… Was third on the team with seven multi-hit games, with six games with two hits and one game with four hits… Had three multi-RBI games this season… Finished the season on a six-game hitting streak… Finished the year with a perfect fielding percentage… Went 2-for-4 with an RBI and run scored in game two against FGCU (2/15)… Went 2-for-5 with a double, RBI and wo runs scored at Louisiana-Lafayette (2/19)… Drove in three on two hits, including a double in game two against Cal State Fullerton (2/22)… Had a pair of hits in the opener against Middle Tennessee (2/28)… Had four hits with a solo home run included and two runs scored in game two against the Blue Raiders (2/29)… Was walked three times and produced two hits with an RBI and three runs scored against Texas Southern (3/3)… Scored twice with a double in game one against Southern (3/6)… Had two hits with a double, RBI and two runs scored against Southern in the finale (3/8)… Drove in two on a double with a run scored in game one against Lamar (3/10)… Drove in two on a triple with a run scored in the finale against the Cardinals (3/11)

• Upvote 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• If thats where he's at 1B or Dh there will be no extension. The bat woud have to be super special. and it's not. we already have like 3 of those Mounty, O'hearn and Mayo
    • The on field product has the talent to win and bring out fans now.  I’m not saying not to spend more money.  Your first paragraph I agree with. The new owner assumes all the “debts” leftover. Ultimately it’s their responsibility to repair it.    They screwed up big time with their pricing. If this team rebounds and gets in the DS the excitement will pick up. Only the last week did they have any momentum after months of losing it. 
    • That’s a very good point, but then you have the question whether you would be willing to give up McDermott plus for erceg, and that’s an easy trade to make. Plus, the athletics need almost everything, they wouldn’t want Hays But we could’ve found something to satisfy them.
    • IMO, this mindset ("new chapter") is part of the problem. We can't act like the past and the terrible relationship that the org had with it's customer base does not matter or have a carryover effect. Whether the org calls itself "new" or not IMO is irrelevant. The issue is whether or not it will operate in enough meaningful different ways. If the org wants more of it's market to be engaged it is going to have to raise the bar to championship expectations and invest more in the on-field product. That would be different from the past and would indeed reflect that something is "new".
    • All of you guys talking about empty seats and an unengaged fanbase - did you not see the post showing over 41K in attendance, more than in MIL or HOU?  Are those fan bases also unengaged or disinterested? This is much ado about absolutely nothing.
    • I think at this point its just semantics regarding what a successful deadline looked like.  Elias upgraded three positions - SP, 2 RP.  Could there have been bigger upgrades?  Sure, at a bigger cost.  I think it was sufficient.  What has killed the team is the hitting.  If this team had hit like its capable of, and Soto, Eflin, and Dominguez all pitched exactly as they have, we'd all be feeling a lot better about the team, and probably lauding Elias for those three pickups and what a great boost they were at the deadline.  But we aren't hitting - at all - and I don't know what he could have done at the deadline to fix that. Already agreed that the draft strategy must evolve. I don't agree it was a bad strategy to do what they did so far, but it does have to evolve, just as the organization as a whole has evolved.  And I think it will.
    • I don't mean this as any kind of personal slight toward you. Please do not take this as such. But people/fans showed how they felt about this team who has been a loser for almost 4 months. And largely continued to hedge (beyond the Eflin addition) at the deadline. I bet you who did not have a bunch of empty seats for their playoff game yesterday .... San Diego. IMO it is because of the effort that they put in to continue to engage the fanbase. You can't sell people on the "homegrown" stars idea and no need to add a lot of outside talent. And then some of those "homegrown stars" who were so hyped flop. And then not extend the ones who turn into stars. That communicates a lack of investment by the org. Now when you add that up in the economy/2024 inflation and combine that with all of the other entertainment choices that people have in 2024; things like this will happen. Empty seats during a playoff game = an unengaged/unexcited fan base. The org has to own much of this.
  • Popular Contributors