MASN coverage

bpilktree

Hopefully there will be games in two weeks which got me wondering if there has been any news in MASN covering games, will there be an streaming options and if not what about blackout restrictions.  In our area we have the games blacked out because of mlb rules home area trying to get people to attend games.  However with no attendance will those restrictions be eliminated?

• Thanks 1

While we are complaining, MASN isn't airing the exhibition games. Seems like they would want to get the kinks worked out before Opening Day, but alas.

The O's play on the 19th in Philly, vs the National on the 20th and at the Nationals on the 21st. No tv or radio coverage.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

A potential solution to this would be to add a surcharge to the MLB package to allow in market streaming.  For example, for subscribers in the Orioles and Nationals area, add say $50 (?) if the subscriber wants to access in market games.  That way, the O's and Nats retain their media revenues.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, beantownrefugee said:

A potential solution to this would be to add a surcharge to the MLB package to allow in market streaming.  For example, for subscribers in the Orioles and Nationals area, add say $50 (?) if the subscriber wants to access in market games.  That way, the O's and Nats retain their media revenues.

They get most of their money from cable subscribers who never watch a single baseball game.  They don’t want to piss off cable companies.

The bad part is are subscriber doesn’t off the main package but I am blacked out in with the mlb package as well.  If I am at work or in the city it has the package but when we decided to move to suburbs for the family house backyard thing that county is blacked out but no access.  I used to stay in the city get something to eat and watch games if it was one I wanted to see but with the virus and being high risk don’t think that is risk this year I want to take.  

10 hours ago, scOtt said:

:ohlord:

If MLB intentionally hired executives to run the sport into the ground, they couldn't do much better than the people in charge now.  It seems like baseball is run with people that think nothing in media or marketing will ever change.  Meanwhile NBA and NFL seems to come up with new marketing, ways to interact/attract fans every day.

• Upvote 4

Blackouts are the dumbest #%*@ng thing ever and serve no purpose other than to piss people off and have them create workarounds to access the content they want.

Better make sure I can remember how to configure my VPN so I can get MLB Tv to work here.  

30 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

If MLB intentionally hired executives to run the sport into the ground, they couldn't do much better than the people in charge now.  It seems like baseball is run with people that think nothing in media or marketing will ever change.  Meanwhile NBA and NFL seems to come up with new marketing, ways to interact/attract fans every day.

Amen.

8 hours ago, Enjoy Terror said:

I intend to explore VPN options this season; looking specifically at NordVPN

I've been doing this for the last few years. PIA(Private Internet Access) VPN, an Nvidia Shield TV so I can download the PIA app, problem solved.

It costs me $125 or whatever the MLBTV season pass costs plus $6 a month for PIA, well worth it to be able to watch any game I want.

10 hours ago, SteveA said:

And blackouts are so much more ridiculous in a season where in person attendance will be zero or negligible.  It's utterly absurd.

They probably aren’t thinking about offering a service that’s good only for one, two month season that they’d then need to revoke when fans are back in their seats next year.    But arguably that would be a smart way to test it.