Means has arm fatigue (Milone starts opening day)

Frobby

2 hours ago, ArtVanDelay said:

I doubt Means ever had much trade value.

I agree.  I think we could have gotten back a couple of mid-level prospects but that's about it.  Means came out of nowhere, he outpitched his peripherals and in the advanced stats era that we're in, anyone on the other side of the negotiating table probably understands that.  

That said, I think Means is in anyone's top 5 reasons to watch this year, strictly to see if he can repeat the performance.  And if he can do it again this year, people are going to hold the fact that he did it in a shortened, wacky season against him.

11 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I agree.  I think we could have gotten back a couple of mid-level prospects but that's about it.  Means came out of nowhere, he outpitched his peripherals and in the advanced stats era that we're in, anyone on the other side of the negotiating table probably understands that.  

That said, I think Means is in anyone's top 5 reasons to watch this year, strictly to see if he can repeat the performance.  And if he can do it again this year, people are going to hold the fact that he did it in a shortened, wacky season against him.

I saw how poorly he did in Tony's simulated season.

I don't have much hope for him going forward.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I saw how poorly he did in Tony's simulated season.

I don't have much hope for him going forward.

FWIW, he sucked in my simulated season.  But I think Pat Valaika also hit 20 homers or something too.  Austin Hays turned into a low OBP, 40 homer type.  The simulation is a lot of fun but there were wacky performances all around.

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

FWIW, he sucked in my simulated season.  But I think Pat Valaika also hit 20 homers or something too.  Austin Hays turned into a low OBP, 40 homer type.  The simulation is a lot of fun but there were wacky performances all around.

Was a joke.  My lack of faith in Means' ability to duplicate his success has nothing to do with Tony's simulation.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

I hope I'm wrong.

I'd much rather he be a key part in future success.

If anything, I think his age works against that.  That also works against Mancini, along with a lost year.  He's one guy I really feel bad about.  Good player, good guy, but unfortunate situation.

3 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

If anything, I think his age works against that.  That also works against Mancini, along with a lost year.  He's one guy I really feel bad about.  Good player, good guy, but unfortunate situation.

Solid year in 2020 and a half year in 2021 leading to him getting flipped for a solid prospect counts for me.