O's @ Phillies 7/19 Exhibition

weams

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, SteveA said:

And yet Wheeler is still pitching in the 5th!!!   I thought they ended the top of the 4th early because Wheeler had reached his pitch count and Girardi didn't have someone up.   But Wheeler is out for the 5th.

So he could have faced the Orioles with 2 on and 1 out in the 4th.   Bizarre.

Wanted him to not extend over one inning and still get pitch count up and have to get up again. 

Hays hit by a pitch.   Mullins in to run for him.

Hit him in the kneecap.   Hyde had said that Hays would only play part of the game because he wanted Mullins a chance to get some at bats, so this doesn't imply that Hays is hurt.   In fact, Mullins was running on the field seconds after Hays was hit so I think he was coming on anyway.

So hopefully Hays isn't hurt.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

No fake noise! Use the opportunity to mic up the managers and a couple players on each team. There was a viral one they did with Mookie in spring training a while back that was fantastic.

I doubt in real games they would want to chat. 

I think they need to have crowd noise. Huge stadiums are hard without it. Like an empty house.  

Just now, SteveA said:

Hays hit by a pitch.   Mullins in to run for him.

Hit him in the kneecap.   Hyde had said that Hays would only play part of the game because he wanted Mullins a chance to get some at bats, so this doesn't imply that Hays is hurt.   In fact, Mullins was running on the field seconds after Hays was hit so I think he was coming on anyway.

So hopefully Hays isn't hurt.

Yeah, all we need. He is most fun player to watch.