Asher Wojciechowski 2020

Il BuonO

42 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

No it’s not..he’s not that good either.

Depends on what level on performance "that" is.  Does it mean he is not any good.  Or not as good as Means and Cobb.  Or not good enough to stay in the rotation for the rest of the season.  "That" can mean a lot of things.

2 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Depends on what level on performance "that" is.  Does it mean he is not any good.  Or not as good as Means and Cobb.  Or not good enough to stay in the rotation for the rest of the season.  "That" can mean a lot of things.

He’s not any good.  He has no business pitching on this team.

17 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

He’s not any good.  He has no business pitching on this team.

I just watched LeBlanc pitch 5 2/3 inning vs a pretty good Red Sox lineup.   He held his own.  And if Castro can get one out before he gives up a hit LeBlanc would have ended up with a 3.16 ERA.   The shows he has some good in him.  I would take that for the rest of the season.  

45 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Valid point..could be a reason he can end up a reliever.

Right, "something there" likely means a middle or long reliever.  But unlike many other pitchers on this roster, I think he has a realistic medium/long-term future pitching in the majors. 

25 minutes ago, Big Mac said:

Right, "something there" likely means a middle or long reliever.  But unlike many other pitchers on this roster, I think he has a realistic medium/long-term future pitching in the majors. 

Certainly possible.  He certainly has more hope than guys like Phillips, Carroll, Hess, etc...

2 hours ago, spiritof66 said:

I think it's pretty safe to say he'll give us, at best, a handful of good starts and some real ugly ones.

I am not sure.   The O's appear to have put together a decent defense.  That is a change from last season.   Could help the pitchers.  LeBlanc has had good seasons and bad season.   He may be in an environment to put together a good season if the pen helps him better than what Castro did to him on Sunday.

18 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

Well, I agree he’s not good. But I’d say this team is exactly the type for which he can pitch. 

Well true..I will say that he could be a reliever.  He does miss a lot of bats.  That could translate to him being an effective 1-2 inning guy.

43 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Well true..I will say that he could be a reliever.  He does miss a lot of bats.  That could translate to him being an effective 1-2 inning guy.

Might see an uptick in velocity as well in shorter stints.