Cole Sulser, 2020

weams

4 hours ago, Enjoy Terror said:

I am doing this completely off memory, but I think Jason Isringhausen had three.

EDIT: looked it up, that is true. Throw Johnny Venters on the 3x pile too.

Serious question, what's the theoretical limit as to how many TJ surgeries are possible for one person?  I mean where all those spare ligaments coming from anyway?

4 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Corpses.

I suggest you read The Arm.

Not only have I not read the book, I've never even heard of it.  I'll definitely check it out and thanks for the tip.

You reckon Kevin Costner has optioned the movie rights yet?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, 24fps said:

Not only have I not read the book, I've never even heard of it.  I'll definitely check it out and thanks for the tip.

You reckon Kevin Costner has optioned the movie rights yet?

Very good book.  I know CoC is aware, but they do try to find a ligament in your own body to use before going the cadaver route.  One of the prospective TJ patients in the book was very concerned about having a foreign body in his arm as I remember.  

2 hours ago, Beef Supreme said:

How can you rank Eovaldi above Isringhausen?

The topic is two TJ surgeries.

Isringhaiser pitched two seasons in relief after his 2nd TJ surgery'

Eovaldis is  pitching his 3rd seasons since his 2nd TJ surgery and he stayed  a starter.  Plus he is only 30 and will probably continue as a starter for a while in the future God willing.  Also since his 2nd TJ surgierty he can still hit 100mph.

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

The topic is two TJ surgeries.

Isringhaiser pitched two seasons in relief after his 2nd TJ surgery'

Eovaldis is  pitching his 3rd seasons since his 2nd TJ surgery and he stayed  a starter.  Plus he is only 30 and will probably continue as a starter for a while in the future God willing.  Also since his 2nd TJ surgierty he can still hit 100mph.

If you are excluding Isringhausan because he had a third TJ, that's being pedantic.

If you are saying Isringhausen's career is less valuable than Eovaldi's because he converted to relief -- 300 Saves and eight season's of being a top MLB closer -- then I disagree with your logic. Eovaldi has had a mediocre career despite the three-digit gun readings. I will take the performance over the radar eye candy.

12 hours ago, Beef Supreme said:

If you are excluding Isringhausan because he had a third TJ, that's being pedantic.

If you are saying Isringhausen's career is less valuable than Eovaldi's because he converted to relief -- 300 Saves and eight season's of being a top MLB closer -- then I disagree with your logic. Eovaldi has had a mediocre career despite the three-digit gun readings. I will take the performance over the radar eye candy.

I think I was pretty clear.   Isringhausen only played two years after his 2nd TJ surgery.   Compared to Eovaldi being in his 3rd year and he is only 30 years old with more playing years to go.

If the topic is how guys played after their 2nd TJ surgery then everything that happened before their 2nd surgery is not relevant.

The third surgery has nothing to do with this topic.