Marlins ( and now Phillies) season(s) on pause, O's to host Yankees on Wednesday and Thursday

MurphDogg

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Pot, meet kettle.  How cavalier of you.

I mean, I get it if a middle infielder with .3 WAR gets it and dies, no one cares.  But God forbid someone like Trout, Bellinger or Acuna gets it and dies.  I mean, would it be worth it then?

What if a player gets the flu and dies from it?  Would it have been worth it?  What if a team plane crashes and kills an entire team, sill it have been worth it?

Lets not jump to extremes here.

End of the day, either the players are going to be smart or they won’t.  MLbPA should want to get this right as much as the owners do.

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

I guess you need baseball that badly for some reason.  I really don't.  Made it this far this year without it, could keep going just fine.

Without getting too political, it's tragic when anyone passes away from it.  That said, I'll be shocked if any pro athlete gets sick and passes away from it.  These are young men and women in outstanding physical shape, AND they have access to the absolute best health care in the country.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

What if a player gets the flu and dies from it?  Would it have been worth it?  What if a team plane crashes and kills an entire team, sill it have been worth it?

End of the day, either the players are going to be smart or they won’t.  MLbPA should want to get this right as much as the owners do.

Exactly... in a world where a player can throw out their shoulder just by washing their truck, then there are risks.  There are risks in everything you do in life.

Just now, Sports Guy said:

K, there's actually a flu vaccine.  And a team plane crashing is false equivalency.  

At the end of the day, I'm banking on a bunch of millionaire guys in their 20s and 30s who can't sit still to not be smart.  Everyone can want to get it right but it's herding cats.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

K, there's actually a flu vaccine.  And a team plane crashing is false equivalency.  

At the end of the day, I'm banking on a bunch of millionaire guys in their 20s and 30s who can't sit still to not be smart.  Everyone can want to get it right but it's herding cats.

Just watching these past games, and some guys really do not take the mask seriously.

In the interest of keeping this thread open for information on how the O's/MLB handle this cancellation and things moving forward, I suggest we keep the COVID opinions out of it as much as possible. Or this thread will almost certainly get locked. By now most of us know where each other stand, so what's the point?  

The facts are: 

• Tonight's game is canceled.
  • 12 Marlins players and 2 coaches are positive.
  • Phillies (last Marlins opponent) are in lockdown until their test results are back.
  • Rob Manfred has yet to make any statement. 
  • We don't know if the game will be made up, forfeited, or something else. 
  • Upvote 2
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, interloper said:

In the interest of keeping this thread open for information on how the O's/MLB handle this cancellation and things moving forward, I suggest we keep the COVID opinions out of it as much as possible. Or this thread will almost certainly get locked. By now most of us know where each other stand, so what's the point?  

The facts are: 

• Phillies (last Marlins opponent) are in lockdown until their test results are back.
  • Fred Manfred has yet to make any statement. 

Clubhouse the Marlins used in Philly is locked down for now. Visiting Clubhouse staff in Philly is locked down too. Yankees brought own staff.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, interloper said:

The facts are: 

• Fred Manfred has yet to make any statement. 
  • The whole hotel where the Marlins was staying at, at to be impact.
  • The Yankees are not thrilled to be using the visiting club house in Philly.
  • The Marlins claim they were strictly following all health guidelines.
  • Upvote 1