Playoff Caliber Pitching

Bahama O's Fan

3 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

What year do you expect our pitching, especially our starting pitching, to be good enough to be successful in the playoffs? How do you think the O's will accomplish this?

It's not even close to being on the radar right now. I don't have any reason to believe that they'll be spending money so it could be a while.

DL Hall(21)Grey-Rod(23)and who among the auditonees from this season? So many I lose track of them and I don’t know which are legit prospects and Which are just wishful thinking for a desperate fan base.

Lowther, Baumann, Kremer, Akin, does Wells have a shot at a chance? 

Bullpen will be nastier before the starters will be.

The bullpen could be pretty good now. I like the core:

RHP- Givens, Harvey, Castro, Armstrong, Sulser

LHP - Scott, Bleier, Milone

I think Givens, Harvey, and Castro could be a new Nasty Boys throwing hard heat.  Armstrong will be better this year and Sulser seems to be a find.  I think Scott can step up, Bleier looks like he could be fully back, and I like the idea of Milone as an opener or one time the through the line up reliever.  He looked good his first time through the line up before Boston got to him.

I think Hess, Phillips, and Fry could be on their way out.  Carroll and Lakins needs to step it up soon and show something.  Stewart needs to figure out his role. 

I also think Tate is a dark horse and could step in to a late inning role too.  Beyond that, the only other question mark I have would be Kline, are we done with him?  I used to think he had the stuff, not sure if his pitches have enough movement to be competitive in the bigs.  Kind of like Hess.  Both seems to have arm speed and velo, but they need to start learning some new pitches or grips to see if they can get more movement on their pitches.