Should Eshelman replace LeBlanc in the rotation?

wildcard

I agree with the folks who can’t understand why none of our possible Futures is getting a chance. Akin walks guys( has anyone noticed that we are among the leaders in fewest walks allowed?)

but I want to see him and Lowther and Zimmermann and Ryan Mkcenna and anybody who’s ready. There’s just no reason not to.

12 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

He’s probably ready defensively..but he can’t hit and he shouldn’t be playing ahead of Hays.

I wouldn’t want him playing center anyway, Hays is our guy And that’s that. But I would love to try him in left And he can certainly back up

16 minutes ago, Philip said:

I wouldn’t want him playing center anyway, Hays is our guy And that’s that. But I would love to try him in left And he can certainly back up

He likely isn't any better (though he probably isn't any worse) at this point than Velazquez offensively and defensively, and Velazquez is also the second backup middle infielder. With Iglesias not 100 percent healthy, I think Velazquez is a necessary member of the team and if we are looking to upgrade in left-field there is a much better option waiting in the wings.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

He likely isn't any better (though he probably isn't any worse) at this point than Velazquez offensively and defensively, and Velazquez is also the second backup middle infielder. With Iglesias not 100 percent healthy, I think Velazquez is a necessary member of the team and if we are looking to upgrade in left-field there is a much better option waiting in the wings.

Oh well I’m not sure that’s true on defense, but yes I do agree with your point. I want Mountcastle to come up as much as anyone.

The only reason I mention McKenna is because he’s probably the most likely of our position prospects to get a cup of coffee this season. I’m expecting Mountcastle to come up any day now and I am surprised and disappointed he isn’t already.

Edited by Philip

7 minutes ago, Philip said:

Oh well I’m not sure that’s true on defense, but yes I do agree with your point. I want Mountcastle to come up as much as anyone.

The only reason I mention McKenna is because he’s probably the most likely of our position prospects to get a cup of coffee this season. I’m expecting Mountcastle to come up any day now and I am surprised and disappointed he isn’t already.

Yeah, I could have written that a little more clearly. I meant in the aggregate on offense and defense, they are likely to be about a wash.

McKenna is potentially an elite defensive outfielder, but his swing has a ton of holes, best place to work on that is in the Bowie camp.

If you were looking at someone solely as a late-game defensive upgrade and pinch runner, McKenna would be your guy but Velazquez versatility and slightly better bat gives him the edge at this point. Mullins had that job before and lost it to an extra arm in the bullpen.

If they got back to the point where they were able to carry a better defensive upgrade in the outfield, they would likely bring back Mullins over McKenna.

• Upvote 1