Who’s your favorite enemy?

Philip

Based on Philip's definition of a "favorite enemy" being a guy we like who plays for another team... I'd have to go with Jeff Francoeur, although he's retired. He always seemed to be smiling on the field, like he was just happy to be there.

Current player... I'll go with Max Scherzer. He's just a crazy hotheaded competitor. Always gives it 110%, and sometimes to his detriment, he tries to go as deep into games as he can. 

30 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

When Brett Gardner agrees the umpire made the correct judgment on a called strike it'll be the first time in his career. 

Unless the pitch is right down the middle.  Then he has to nod his head up and down emphatically, like "Yes, I agree that was a strike".  No kidding, it was right down the middle of the plate.  

He drives me nuts.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, survivedc said:

Mookie. Almost as good as Trout but a better personality on the field. Plus he’s a small dude so it’s fun to see a guy his size with his power.

That's a great pick. Imagine if he was on the O's, he would be everyone's favorite player hands down. True story, my friend who is a Sox fan got to go bowling with Mookie. Seems like an awesome guy in addition to a talented player.

I can't think of anyone in the current game I'd consider an enemy and a favorite.  I take no solace in getting torched by anyone on the Yankees, because it's happened too frequently, I can't name most of the guys on the Rays, the Jays hitters are young and likely to be a royal pain for years to come, and the Red Sox see the Yankees prior to this season.

While retired, strange as it is I have to go with Mariano Rivera.  He always seemed like one of the classy players, had the respect of his peers, was an absolute master at what he did, and infuriating to go against because when you did 90 something percent of the time you were going to lose.  But, in those rare instances where you did get the better of him it was so damn satisfying.