IMO Mussina Would Never Have Made the HOF Had He Remained an Oriole

Old#5fan

BTW, sorry if it appears that I am "speaking for the board" but you know what? Maybe I am. I believe, based on reading countless threads, that the majority of posters would agree with my previous assessment.

And just because I'm not a mod, doesn't mean I can't ask you to stop making the board look bad, which is what you're doing. I take a lot of pride in being able to say I'm an active and (I hope) respected member of this community.

I think it's safe to say that you do speak for the board. I used to be the guy that looked at all of the long ass threads that Old#5fan would be involved in and would think, "those guys are just arguing with a brick wall". I still think that, but now I've kind of gotten to the point that I can't not argue with him. It's weird, it's like I want to be the one that finally gets him to admit that he is a robot or something and is just doing this stuff for shigs and gittles.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have zero problem with you expressing these sentiments as an individual poster. However, when you act like the whole board agrees, I must take issue. You now state "Maybe I am" speaking for the entire OH.

I can also state equally "Maybe you are not," as your position is no more valid than mine unless as I already mentioned you have indeed surveyed the entire board and the majority agrees with you.

So bottom line, just state your views from now on and not as if collectively speaking for the entire OH, and I am fine with that even though I may disagree.

You have to be the most hard headed person I've ever known. You start numerous threads with asinine arguments and have the whole board arguing against you. You have never had one poster agree with you. If you have, then please name one. That right there makes it pretty safe to say that Pedro is right and speaks for the board.

You have to be the most hard headed person I've ever known. You start numerous threads with asinine arguments and have the whole board arguing against you. You have never had one poster agree with you. If you have, then please name one. That right there makes it pretty safe to say that Pedro is right and speaks for the board.

People occasionally agree with his conclusions. Even I've probably agreed once or twice with something he said, out of what seems like thousands of things he's claimed are undeniable facts.

But almost no one ever agrees with (or in most cases can even make sense of) how he gets to those conclusions.

I can also state equally "Maybe you are not," as your position is no more valid than mine unless as I already mentioned you have indeed surveyed the entire board and the majority agrees with you.

All opinions are not created equal. All statements are not valid. If I said the sky was green, I'd be wrong. Many of your opinons are baseball equivalents of saying the sky is green.

All opinions are not created equal. All statements are not valid. If I said the sky was green, I'd be wrong. Many of your opinons are baseball equivalents of saying the sky is green.

Yeah, but to a color blind person the sky could appear green. In his view he is correct in making that statement isn't he, if that is how he sees it?

I think he is done responding just like everyone else (myself included) should be.

Look, we get your stance. Well, we don't "get" it per se but we know what it is.

You dislike Mike Mussina. You think he is overrated. You used to think that he didn't belong in the HOF because he never won 20 games. Now that he's won 20 you begrudgingly admit that he is in but only because he chokes and his bullpen saves him.

How many different threads/posts do you need to write to say the same thing? Do you enjoy antagonizing the board that much?

You state that he never would have won 20 games if he was on the O's -- a fair statement and probaby an accurate one. Yet it somehow devolves into another pissing contest.

Give it up, sir. There is nothing left for you to say/do here. Everyone knows what your stance is. I'd hope by now that everyone also understands that no amount of logic will ever sway your opinion -- not one iota.

I suggest you drop any Mike Mussina/Kyle Boller/Nick Markakis threads/posts in the future. It literally adds nothing to the board and makes us, as a community, look bad as a whole when one of our best posters (Drungo) is forced to spar with you time and time again with no positive outcome.[/QUOTE]

No one is putting a gun to il professore dei numeri intorpidenti di mente's head, and whats that famous Ben Franklin qoute everyone mistakenly attributes to Einstien? :mwahaha:

Yeah, but to a color blind person the sky could appear green. In his view he is correct in making that statement isn't he, if that is how he sees it?

Aww...so now we've gotten to the root of all this. You never concede an argument when you've been proven wrong because if you believe you're right then you can't be wrong?

Yep, sure did. Let me know what you want it changed to. I forget but is is for the entire off - season I believe right?

Entire offseason. Let me mull over what to change it to. I thought we agreed on something, but I don't remember what it was. It won't be offensive, though.

Aww...so now we've gotten to the root of all this. You never concede an argument when you've been proven wrong because if you believe you're right then you can't be wrong?

Wow that is so deep. You really ought to be an analyst. Maybe you are? If not you have missed your calling.

Archived