Tracking Ex Oriole Thread

Rene88

5 minutes ago, DRJacobs said:

Long time lurker, first time caller, I mean poster...

During Ryan’s tenure, what was the longest stretch of playing time he received? You wonder if our bizarre fascination with C level prospects hurts the development of some players (well, Rule 5 draft in general really). 

Glad to have you posting!

Flaherty was a C level prospect. Yeah, maybe if he played everyday he could have been an fringe average everyday 2B, but was he better than Schoop or should he have been starting on a competitive team? I'd say no. Flaherty's early season success with Atlanta is way to small of a sample to tell us anything, let's wait and see. I mean, he's running a .522 BABIP.

50 minutes ago, DRJacobs said:

Thanks. Are you a scout or former player?

I'd classify what I do more as a prospect analyst than a scout. I watch hundreds of hours of minor league baseball each year. Mostly video, but I'm hoping to increase the portion of live looks this year. I played baseball, but not at a high enough level to really offer any value. 

I trained myself by watching video taken by scouts and evaulators, making my observations and then comparing them to the scouting report that goes with the video. I've done that hundreds of times and have developed a decent eye for things. I'm still learning of course and will always try and improve my process. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

I'd classify what I do more as a prospect analyst than a scout. I watch hundreds of hours of minor league baseball each year. Mostly video, but I'm hoping to increase the portion of live looks this year. I played baseball, but not at a high enough level to really offer any value. 

I trained myself by watching video taken by scouts and evaulators, making my observations and then comparing them to the scouting report that goes with the video. I've done that hundreds of times and have developed a decent eye for things. I'm still learning of course and will always try and improve my process. 

And he’s a class act. Haven’t met Luke but seems like a very nice guy. Terrific analysis. 

On 1/29/2018 at 1:50 PM, murph said:

Matt Albers is getting two year from the Milwaukee Brewers:

Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic reports that free agent reliever pitcher Matt Albers has agreed to a two-year deal with the Brewers.

Ben Nicholson-Smith of Sportsnet says that the two-year contract, which is pending a physical, will carry a $5 million guarantee.

Albers posted an exceptional 1.62 ERA, 0.85 WHIP, and 63/17 K/BB ratio in 61 Innings Pitched last season out of the Washington  Nationals' bullpen, bouncing back from a miserable 2016 season with the Chicago White Sox. The 35-year-old right-hander will operate somewhere between middle relief and setup duty in Milwaukee.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/mlb/181/matt-albers

o

Former Oriole Matt Albers is 2-0 with a 1.17 ERA and 1 Save so far in the still very-young 2018 season.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/a/alberma01.shtml

o

• Upvote 1

o

Jeremy Robert Hellickson is pitching for the Nationals tonight, against the Mets.

Bryce Harper hit a solo home run off of Jacob deGrom in the top of the 1st inning.

Hellickson is now pitching in the bottom half of the inning.

30506.png&w=350&h=254

o

1 hour ago, OFFNY said:

o

Jeremy Robert Hellickson is pitching for the Nationals tonight, against the Mets.

Bryce Harper hit a solo home run off of Jacob deGrom in the top of the 1st inning.

Hellickson is now pitching in the bottom half of the inning.

30506.png&w=350&h=254

o

o

4.67 Innings Pitched.

2 Earned Runs.

7 Hits )(2 Doubles, )5 Singles.)

1 Walk.

3 Strikeouts.

88 Pitches )(61 )Strikes, )27 )Balls.)

He left the game on the losing end (a 2-1 deficit.)

o

More information than anyone wanted or needed:

Independent:

Lancaster - Steve Johnson, Joey Terdoslavich, Josh Bell (Hitting coach)

Sugarland - Paco Rodriguez, Konner Wade, Luke Scott

York - Joe Van Meter, Alexi Casilla

Long Island - Jair Jurrjens, Bennett Parry, Ashur Tolliver, David Washington, Travis Snider, Lew Ford (player coach)

New Britain - Manny Delcarmen, Kyle Simon, Zach Stewart, Luis Hernandez, Conor Bierfeldt

Somerset - Alex Castellanos, Julio Borbon, Endy Chavez

RoadWarriors - Ozzie Martinez

Lincoln - Shairon Martis, Eric Wooten, Dashenko Ricardo

New Jersey - Johnny Ruettiger

Sussex County - Kevin Grendell, Cory Jones

River City - Gerrion Grim

Mexico

Toros - Kyle Lobstein, Omar Quintanilla

Acereros - Jemile Weeks, Delmon Young, Zach Phillips

Diablos - Henry Urrutia

Pericos - David Richardson

Bravos - Junior Lake, Luis Ayala, Quincy Latimore, Felix Pie

Generales - Jesus Montero, Pat McCoy

Vaqueros - Everth Cabrera

Sultanes - Chris Roberson

Korea

Dinos - Logan Verrett

Heroes - Michael Choice

Twins - Tyler Wilson, Hyun-Soo Kim

Bears - Jimmy Paredes

Giants - Tim Adleman

Japan

Giants - Koji Uehara

Golden Eagles - Zelous Wheeler

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Aglets said:

Looks like the Braves have so much faith in Ryan Flaherty's hot start at 3B that they signed another former Oriole to potentially compete with him.  NOTE:  it's a minor league deal

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/23232648/jose-bautista-agrees-minor-league-deal-toronto-braves-play-3b

Well Flaherty's batting line is inflated by a .447 BABIP. His Career BABIP is .272. So even if you give him credit for better contact quality and a .300 BABIP, his line would look like .238/.329/.321 which is only ever so slightly better than his career line.