Tracking Ex Oriole Thread

Rene88

Gausman - 1st is today vs the Mets

Birtton - has been ok in 3 appearances 2.2 IP, 3.38 ERA. 

Manny- hasn’t missed a beat with LAD. 

Schoop - hitless in his 1st 3 games with on start at SS and two at 2B. 

O’day - He’s still collecting is overpay contract and Brady and PA are happy he’s not with the Nats. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

O’day - He’s still collecting is overpay contract and Brady and PA are happy he’s not with the Nats. 

I really hope O’Day stays healthy next year.    Health has really hampered his contributions the last three seasons.    

23 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Markakis has 2183 Hits. Leading the NL. Let’s say he’s at 2230 at the end of the year. A little conservative but just picking a number. 

730/5 = 146 hits a year through age 39 to get 3000.

730/4 =  182.5 hits a year through age 38 to get 3000 

The guy is going to do it. 

Was just discussing this in the Markakis thread on the MLB board.    The real issues, I think, are health and playing time.     Nick has played 155+ games year after year.    Will he continue to be healthy enough to do that as he progresses from his mid-30’s into his late 30’s?   And, if his power surge this year is a blip, will teams be willing to play him 155 games a year even if he’s healthy enough?   I’d love to see it happen but still only peg the odds at 5-10%.

17 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Was just discussing this in the Markakis thread on the MLB board.    The real issues, I think, are health and playing time.     Nick has played 155+ games year after year.    Will he continue to be healthy enough to do that as he progresses from his mid-30’s into his late 30’s?   And, if his power surge this year is a blip, will teams be willing to play him 155 games a year even if he’s healthy enough?   I’d love to see it happen but still only peg the odds at 5-10%.

I don’t want to turn this into a Markakis thread but Markakis does have a cannon. I think he could be an above average defender at 1B and put up a decent enough OPS that some team will give him ABs. He won’t just turn into a DH. 

31 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I don’t want to turn this into a Markakis thread but Markakis does have a cannon. I think he could be an above average defender at 1B and put up a decent enough OPS that some team will give him ABs. He won’t just turn into a DH. 

He had a cannon.  Not anymore.

13 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

He had a cannon.  Not anymore.

Yeah, his arm is decent at this point but nothing more.   But he’s still a solid RF.    What he lacks in speed and arm strength he compensates for by having good fundamentals and instincts  in every respect.    

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

Yeah, his arm is decent at this point but nothing more.   But he’s still a solid RF.    What he lacks in speed and arm strength he compensates for by having good fundamentals and instincts  in every respect.    

#mancrush alert!  ?

Happy for Nickie - such a good dude - but how long can he remain in the OF?