Tracking Ex Oriole Thread

Rene88

He started off slow, but he's started to show signs of life with the Twins. Schoop is a bit of an accumulator. The Brewers weren't willing to give him the ABs, but it seems like the Twins are. If he gets 500+ ABs I think you can bank on a .250 average and 25 hrs. And honestly Schoop always had red flags. He doesn't walk enough to sustain a high batting average and his range is average at best because he's tall for  middle infielder. 

22 minutes ago, Pheasants said:

My opinion, no data, is that Larry Bigbie was severely hurt.  He kept trying to show he was a power hitter and failing at Norfolk.  I wonder if it led to his steroid use.

Larry Bigbie played when Rochester and then Ottawa were the Orioles' affiliates.  He never played a single home game in Norfolk.

• Upvote 4

Couple of former O's farmhands popping up in the Independent leagues:

Long Island: Tim Melville, David Washington, Ivan DeJesus Jr., Steve HOFbardozzi, Ramon Cabrera, Tim Adleman

New Britain: Ozzie Martinez, Zach Stewart, Jed Bradley

Lancaster: Joey Terdoslavich

Southern MD: Michael Kelly

Somerset: D'Arby Myers, Jimmy Paredes, Mike Ohlman

York: Mitch Atkins, Alexi Casilla

High Point: Ashur Tolliver

Chicago Hot Dogs: DJ Snelten

Lincoln: Kevin Grendell, Shairon Martis, Brandon Barker

Winnipeg: Adrian Marin

Milwaukee Milkmen: Adam Brett Walker

Trois Rivieres: Tucker Nathans

New Jersey: Jay Gonzalez

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Well, Ortiz started to head towards sucking in 2008-09, and then suddenly, he didn’t.   Hmmm.

I'm sure he just started eatin' more vegetables and throwin' the old medicine ball around.  That was after the testing started and everyone was 100% clean.  Didn't Hank Aaron and Willie Mays get released at 24 and lead the league in everything at 40?  Happens all the time... or am I mis-remembering?

• Upvote 1