Tracking Ex Oriole Thread

Rene88

Hurt all season eh?

Nationals reserve outfielder Nate McLouth landed on the 15-day disabled list after he underwent an MRI exam Monday morning on his ailing right shoulder. The Nationals knew McLouth would require a disabled list stint regardless of the test’s outcome, and they summoned outfield prospect Steven Souza Jr. from Class AAA Syracuse to take his roster spot.

McLouth has played through inflammation in his right shoulder for much of the season, an ailment the Nationals and McLouth kept private. In July, he started only one game and received just 16 plate appearances. In the first year of a two-year, $10.5 million contract, McLouth is hitting .173/.280/.237 with one home run.

That is odd, the piece I quoted yesterday said "McLouth has played through inflammation in his right shoulder for much of the season,".

I wonder if he is hurt at all or if this is just a cover story.

That is odd, the piece I quoted yesterday said "McLouth has played through inflammation in his right shoulder for much of the season,".

I wonder if he is hurt at all or if this is just a cover story.

I suspect his shoulder hasn't been right all season, hence, his .172 average.

I am also sure that diving for that triple didn't do the shoulder any good.

Could he have kept playing though the injury, who knows?

Needing a roster spot for hot prospect gave them a reason to put Nate on the shelf for two weeks.

I could be wrong, but I dont think this is a major cover story, not like its a mystery ailment that nobody knows about.

I suspect his shoulder hasn't been right all season, hence, his .172 average.

I am also sure that diving for that triple didn't do the shoulder any good.

Could he have kept playing though the injury, who knows?

Needing a roster spot for hot prospect gave them a reason to put Nate on the shelf for two weeks.

I could be wrong, but I dont think this is a major cover story, not like its a mystery ailment that nobody knows about.

You know I am skeptical by nature. I think it is certainly possible that the Braves/Pirates version of Nate showed up this year and the Nats are hiding him on the DL. Just seems suspicious that he has been hurt all season and only now goes on the DL.

You know I am skeptical by nature. I think it is certainly possible that the Braves/Pirates version of Nate showed up this year and the Nats are hiding him on the DL. Just seems suspicious that he has been hurt all season and only now goes on the DL.

The timing of the DL trip, is very convenient for them to bring up their hot prospect for sure:

Souza has easily been the hottest hitter in the Washington Nationals minor league system. In 91 games at Syracuse (AAA), Souza leads the International League with a .354 batting average. In 328 at bats, he has 23 doubles, 2 triples, and 18 home runs. He is tied for the International League lead in RBI with 70 and leads the International League with an impressive .601 slugging percentage.

http://dcprosportsreport.com/nats-send-nate-mclouth-to-dl-call-up-steve-souza/

Rich Hill is back in the majors.

This afternoon the Yankees declined to pull back Matt Thornton when he was claimed on waivers by the Nationals, giving away the 37-year-old left-hander. And now to replace him in the bullpen they’ve called up 34-year-old left-hander Rich Hill from Triple-A.