Draft Order 2021

weams

Just now, jerios55 said:

Fair, still think probability points to 5th.  But nice to have a 3-4 option still.

1 minute ago, jerios55 said:

Fair, still think probability points to 5th.  But nice to have a 3-4 option still.

Yep. If we hadn't won that meaningless finale in Boston we would be in a position where a loss tomorrow would clinch the third pick.

22 hours ago, fansince1988 said:

This is a good site for tracking the race to the bottom:

http://www.tankathon.com/mlb

Can someone explain to me what the tiebreakers are?    Right now it seems we could finish tied with Boston, Arizona, Kansas City or Washington.   It appears that we “win” any tiebreaker with Arizona, though I don’t know why.    Previously, ties were broken looking at the previous year’s standings, in which case we’d win all ties with these teams and pick no lower than 6th.    

7 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Previous years record is the tiebreaker.

Not sure how we can get ahead of Detroit then?

We won’t have a tie with Detroit because they won’t play 60 games.    If we lose today and they either win or don’t play due to weather, we finish worse.   

• Upvote 1

I can't swear to it as 2020 is the year the rules change all the time, but I think if the Brewers beat the Cardinals today to put both those teams there, and the Giants win to put three third-place NL teams at .500, then the Cardinals will have to play both their Tigers makeups tomorrow with motivation to reach 31-29 and stay out of whatever 30-30 alchemy decides the 7/8 seeds.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, birdwatcher55 said:

How low could we go?

Give it 6 hours - everybody plays at 300.

And then maybe tomorrow a bonus round in which OH can unite with Brewers and Giants fans hoping the Tigers can add wins.

How awesome is it that in their shenanigans the Tigers are oh so kindly pitching Jordan Zimmermann "one last time".  I'm hopeful for swansong magic, but wouldn't say optimistic....let's see how long his leash is.   Maybe we could have Chris Davis start one last time today too.

13 hours ago, jabba72 said:

Im half expecting Boston and Detroit to throw out their B lineups tomorrow to try and ensure they lose. Would be great to leapfrog both. 

Tiger game pushed to 1:05 to beat the weather.

Yeah:  Tigers are throwing Jordan Zimmerman on the last day of that albatross contract.   He has only 4.2 innings this year and hasn't had an ERA+ over 100 since 2015.   And these are the OPSs for the season of their starting lineup.  Wow.

.710, .519, .613, .091, .542, .623, .464, .585, .518.