Draft Order 2021

weams

2 hours ago, SteveA said:

Tiger game pushed to 1:05 to beat the weather.

Yeah:  Tigers are throwing Jordan Zimmerman on the last day of that albatross contract.   He has only 4.2 innings this year and hasn't had an ERA+ over 100 since 2015.   And these are the OPSs for the season of their starting lineup.  Wow.

.710, .519, .613, .091, .542, .623, .464, .585, .518.

At least it is a Royals game - they could be trying to limbo too, and theoretically could still "out-lose" the Tigers.   Zimmermann's heart should certainly be in this ala Costner in For Love of the Game.

It appears Alex Gordon is getting the pulled after going out to LF in the Top of the 2nd now - he has some family members in a skybox so it is a moment covid hasn't totally taken from him.

6 hours ago, OrioleDog said:

I can't swear to it as 2020 is the year the rules change all the time, but I think if the Brewers beat the Cardinals today to put both those teams there, and the Giants win to put three third-place NL teams at .500, then the Cardinals will have to play both their Tigers makeups tomorrow with motivation to reach 31-29 and stay out of whatever 30-30 alchemy decides the 7/8 seeds.

I thought I had heard earlier there would be no tiebreaker makeups this season. Anyone know for sure?

Just now, SteveA said:

No tiebreak games but they could make StLouis and Detroit makeup the two cancelled games to get to 60, then apply the tiebreak procedures.

Right now it appears St Louis is winning and Cincinnati losing, which would clinch 2nd in the NLC for SL.  Miami will be 2nd in the NLE.  One of those teams would be the #5 seed in the playoffs, one would be the #6.

Would they make SL and Det play two tomorrow just to determine seeding of two teams that are already in the playoffs?