Who are the #29 and #30 Prospects?

Tony-OH

Who are the #29 and #30 Prospects?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who are the #29 and #30 Prospects?

• Rylan Bannon and Tyler Nevin
    • Rylan Bannon and Zach Pop
    • Brett Cumberland and Luis Sanchez
    • Tyler Nevin and Leonardo Rodriguez
    • Leonardo Rodriguez and Tyler Nevin

This poll is closed to new votes

5 minutes ago, hoosiers said:

I believe LRod was a league top 20 guy in 2019 and Nevin was reasonably ranked from where he came.  Would prefer an LRod, Sanchez option to get a recent international guy at the back of the list.

My gut feeling is that a year from now, if we made a list of our top 10 international prospects, L Rodriguez would be near the bottom of that list.    But at this point most of our top guys don’t have any track record to go on.

29 minutes ago, cnmilton said:

Tony, I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to do write ups on all 30 of the OH Orioles 2020 top 30 prospects.  It's very enjoyable to read your educated opinions about the Os farm system.

Appreciate the the kind words and feedback. I'm going to do some video pieces here soon on guys that did not make the list as well. I'll also take some Q&As ahead of time on guys on the list. I'll get something out on that soon.

38 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Appreciate the the kind words and feedback. I'm going to do some video pieces here soon on guys that did not make the list as well. I'll also take some Q&As ahead of time on guys on the list. I'll get something out on that soon.

Tony..who were the toughest guys for you to leave off the list?

21 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Tony..who were the toughest guys for you to leave off the list?

I don't know if anyone was tough to leave off, but I'd say the following players were in the running for the last two spots:

Zach Pop: Hasn't barely pitched in two years so hard to know where he is at this point.
Leonardo Rodriguez: I liked what I saw when he was in Aberdeen. Flashed me a plus slider and mid-90s fastball.
Luis Sanchez: Good reports on the arm and the age gives him quite the ceiling, but I haven't even seen video of him so he can't give him a ranking yet.
Ramón Urias: Has a chance to be an everyday starter next year at 2B. I could have built a case for him to be over Bannon but need to see more from him especially since his defense was so bad during his major league time.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Frobby said:

He can’t answer that until he posts no. 29 and 30!

7 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

I already posted #29 and #30 this morning.

Oops!   Asleep at the switch!

Well, I can’t really argue about Nevin over Pop, though I voted the other way.    I really like Pop and was gratified to hear that he’s healthy and throwing pain-free.    He should be a full go next spring and to me he’s a guy who could move really quickly if he recovers his stuff.  

5 hours ago, Frobby said:

Oops!   Asleep at the switch!

Well, I can’t really argue about Nevin over Pop, though I voted the other way.    I really like Pop and was gratified to hear that he’s healthy and throwing pain-free.    He should be a full go next spring and to me he’s a guy who could move really quickly if he recovers his stuff.  

I went back and forth and just decided to go with Nevin since we really don't know what we have with Pop until he's back on the mound throwing competitively.