Jim Hunter officially gone

eddie83

The guy was awful from start to finish, amplified by the fact that he replaced a giant in Jon Miller.  I will never forget Mr. Hoffman, the OH minor league reporter, who said his summer drives around MD between Bowie, Frederick, Aberdeen, etc., were made far less pleasant by the substitution of Hunter for Miller.   I guess it goes without saying that it is unfortunate whenever someone loses their job, but this is not a situation much different from when a AAA relief pitcher is released.   We should also remember Hunter's absurd focus on the incompetence of umpires  - while simultaneously ignoring the incompetence of the players on the field if they wore the right color uniform  - and his suggestion that umpires should be demoted to the minors just like ballplayers.   That process just impacted his own life.  

Edited by Dreadnought

I don’t care what your opinion was of him I just don’t get waiting basically 4 months after the season to tell him he wasn’t back.

Now if I could see the writing on the wall I’m sure he did as well. That said I don’t think you do that to a 24 year employee. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I don’t care what your opinion was of him I just don’t get waiting basically 4 months after the season to tell him he wasn’t back.

Now if I could see the writing on the wall I’m sure he did as well. That said I don’t think you do that to a 24 year employee. 

Chill, they're busy with all the other things they're doing this offseason.  Haven't you been paying attention?

5 minutes ago, Dreadnought said:

The guy was awful from start to finish, amplified by the fact that he replaced a giant in Jon Miller.  I will never forget Mr. Hoffman, the OH minor league reporter, who said his summer drives around MD between Bowie, Frederick, Aberdeen, etc., were made far less pleasant by the substitution of Hunter for Miller.   I guess it goes without saying that it is unfortunate whenever someone loses their job, but this is not a situation much different from when a AAA relief pitcher is released.   We should also remember Hunter's absurd focus on the incompetence of umpires  - while simultaneously ignoring the incompetence of the players on the field if they wore the right color uniform  - and his suggestion that umpires should be demoted to the minors just like ballplayers.   That process just impacted his own life.  

K.

He obviously was a homer and had annoying cliches, but I grew up listening to him on the radio and then later in life, on TV.  For nostalgic purposes, he will be missed.  I wish him luck. 

And he had been with the Orioles for 24 years.  It is not like the release of a AAA pitcher.

• Upvote 2