Ron Johnson dies at age 64 of Covid

weams

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

I loved this quote - how many people combine all of these?  RJ was a "larger than life" type of man and one we can all admire, IMO.

“Being a Triple-A manager’s a difficult thing to do,” said Janish, now an assistant coach at Rice. “It’s just a difficult dynamic to kind of wrangle. He always did a pretty good job by being pretty blunt, pretty honest and pretty transparent, which I appreciated.

Has anyone seen Buck's comments?  I remember that they seemed close.

screen-shot-2018-03-26-at-11-17-07-pm.pn

Edited by bobmc
photo add

On 1/26/2021 at 5:37 PM, Frobby said:

That is so sad.    He was a big part of our organization in the Duquette years.   And only 64 — which I’ll be in five months.    Gulp.  

As John Prine once said in "Angel From Montgomery", "the years go by like a broken down dam".  I remember (yes 13 years ago) thinking that I had reached Ringo's refrain, "..... when I'm 64" and that felt old.  Now I am olden and golden and still struggling to shoot my age in golf!

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, bobmc said:

As John Prine once said in "Angel From Montgomery", "the years go by like a broken down dam".  I remember (yes 13 years ago) thinking that I had reached Ringo's refrain, "..... when I'm 64" and that felt old.  Now I am olden and golden and still struggling to shoot my age in golf!

Ironic that you would quote someone else whose life was claimed by Covid.    Great songwriter, a poet really.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, SteveA said:

Ironic that you would quote someone else whose life was claimed by Covid.    Great songwriter, a poet really.

His final album has some real tear-jerking songs that hit the mark about the aging process and the memories of those lost.  He was definitely not far from my thoughts during this covid process.  He even has a song about dying and the hereafter that makes you smile.