Gunnar Henderson 2021

Just Regular

10 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

That play was impressive.  It's good to see him having a good playoff series.

If I am Elias I am doing what I can to get Cal to work with Henderson in the offseason to teach him about positioning at shortstop.  Taking lessons from a big guy who played SS would be pretty important and no one did it better than Cal.  

Henderson is listed as 6'3, 195.  Who knows how accurate that weight is, but he's certainly going to fill out.  Not sure if that'll prohibit his range at all, but it'd be great to have him stick at SS with Mayo at 3rd.  

Most of the errors I remember seeing in the box scores were throwing errors. Is positioning to to correct those?

22 hours ago, panick said:

Most of the errors I remember seeing in the box scores were throwing errors. Is positioning to to correct those?

No, just to make sure he can get to balls.  I'm not worried about fielding errors, I just hope that he's got the range to be able to get to balls so he can stick at SS.  Throwing errors can be fixed.

11 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

No, just to make sure he can get to balls.  I'm not worried about fielding errors, I just hope that he's got the range to be able to get to balls so he can stick at SS.  Throwing errors can be fixed.

Keith Olbermann’s mom might disagree.

• 11 months later...
On 9/15/2021 at 8:19 AM, Frobby said:

Not a chance.   The O’s aren’t close to contention and they aren’t going to rush prospects.   I’d be very happy if Gunnar played well enough in the first half of 2022 to earn a promotion to AAA sometime in the second half.   

In searching for Mr. Corn's contract extension thread I came across this beauty from of HOF poster.   In response to someone asking if Henderson could reach the majors in 2022!    At least I know that the Frobster has enough of a sense of humor to laugh at this one.