O's @ Yankees April 6th

scOtt

6 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

That and Judge was dogging it. If he's running hard on 3-2 he should have scored easily. That's two plays he's dogged it on this game.

My excuse...

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Possibly avoiding going all out to try and save his legs.

But also....

4 minutes ago, scOtt said:

I wasn't sure. I thought maybe he wasn't very fast idk.

This describes me during co-ed softball season.

• Haha 2

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

o

77% of the outs that Kremer recorded (7 out of 9) came via the Strikeout and the Groundout. Other than that he threw lots of pitches, walked too many batters, and didn't eat enough innings.

9 OUTS: )  5 Strikeouts, 2 Groundouts, 1 Popout, 1 Flyout

DEAJUNIOR "D.J." KREMER )))))))) (FINAL NUMBERS) 

IP:ll.3 - PLUS

H:lllll.5 ) l(1 Home Run, 4 Singles)

R:llll 3

BB:ll4

SO:l.5

Pitches: l) 85 )(51)Strikes, )34)Balls)

2021 ERA: l) 9.00 )  3.00 IP  (3 ER) 

2021 WHIP: l)  3.000  )  3.00 IP  (9 H/BB) 

2021 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: l)  .357  )(5 for 14)   

PITCHES BY INNING  

24  ll(14 llStrikes, ll10 llllBalls)

19  lll(13 llStrikes, llll61 llBalls)

22  lll(16 ll.Strikes, lllll61 llBalls)

20  ll(81 llStrikes, ll12 llllBalls) ) *

* )) Kremer did not record any outs before departing in the 4th inning.

o

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Philip said:

I made a whole comment and I have to make it again. No you are wrong and that’s why I won’t budge.

A cautious manager would know that Kramer didn’t have it tonight and would start dealing with somebody warming up. Bring in your pen guy after the first walk. Even if Kremer gets out of the inning unscathed, bring him in the next inning. Regardless, He still has to pitch the inning, he would have to pitch the inning regardless. So by leaving Kremer in, you’re not saving the pen. He STILL  Has to throw the inning, the only difference is that instead of one guy on and no outs, it’s three guys on and no out, and then you give up two runs that you didn’t have to give up.

So you save nothing by leaving Kremer in. You make things worse. And it’s impossible that he would have suddenly turn thing around and been fabulous the rest of the game. He was already 85 pitches. ~70 to start the inning. It is far-fetched to suggest that he was suddenly going to be fabulous and make it another two or three innings. Plus Hyde is well aware of his limits and his recent performance.

There is no excuse for making the same mistake two days in a row.

I need to rephrase what I was trying to say. Game 5 of a season when the team is closer to a 100 loss team as opposed to a team that will be competitive is not the time to blow out a BP.

In order for this team to take any steps forward they will need guys like Kremer to be able to learn how to pitch.