Orioles defense so far by Statcast

Tony-OH

26 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Are you talking about Mountcastle?  

If so, this is the most foolish thing I have seen on this site.

YOU try and trade him and see what you get. 
He may have meaningful value in time, but he doesn’t right now.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, BirdinBama said:

Is there a compelling argument to not bring up Adley? Our catching sucks.

He’s not ready yet the service time consideration date was I think April 16, so that’s not an issue, but he’s just not ready yetHe’s not ready yet the service time consideration date was I think April 16, so that’s not an issue, but he’s just not ready yet

Glass Half Full on the Statcast stuff - in contrast to the dead last in Hitting,  Orioles pitching (Matt Harvey, Jorge Lopez and all) is respectably middle class in xwOBA yielded so far this year.

With Rutschman, Rodriguez and Hall all more Run Prevention oriented potential stars, it perhaps looks like from here that the kind of "somewhat better" team we become in a year or two will probably stop the other guys from scoring better than it can put runs on the board.

We have enjoyed an easy early schedule, though.   Now....hottest team in baseball, then the Yankees regressing to the mean, then the West Coast - could be a challenging stretch.

Early results notwithstanding, I still think the home Red Sox series probably the easiest for a month.

17 minutes ago, Philip said:

(SG calls Elias: “hi Mike, just wanted you to know that I was told to trade Mountcastle by some other guy on the internet, so I did.  Hope you like the trade!”

Elias: WTF?)

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, OrioleDog said:

Glass Half Full on the Statcast stuff - in contrast to the dead last in Hitting,  Orioles pitching (Matt Harvey, Jorge Lopez and all) is respectably middle class in xwOBA yielded so far this year.

With Rutschman, Rodriguez and Hall all more Run Prevention oriented potential stars, it perhaps looks like from here that the kind of "somewhat better" team we become in a year or two will probably stop the other guys from scoring better than it can put runs on the board.

We have enjoyed an easy early schedule, though.   Now....hottest team in baseball, then the Yankees regressing to the mean, then the West Coast - could be a challenging stretch.

Early results notwithstanding, I still think the home Red Sox series probably the easiest for a month.

Have we? Higher amount of road games than home games. Red Sox have been one of the hottest teams in baseball. Maybe they're worse than their record indicates, but the Yanks are certainly better than theirs does.

38 minutes ago, Philip said:

He’s not ready yet the service time consideration date was I think April 16, so that’s not an issue, but he’s just not ready yetHe’s not ready yet the service time consideration date was I think April 16, so that’s not an issue, but he’s just not ready yet

8a3017a8e9472818232093594c3d0a4f.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Philip said:

I'm not even sure why you follow this team. You blaze a statement like this like it is a fact, but I don't know if it could be further from the truth. 

33 minutes ago, maybenxtyr said:

I'm not even sure why you follow this team. You blaze a statement like this like it is a fact, but I don't know if it could be further from the truth. 

Comments like this are useless. And dishonest. Mountcastle Has a wonderful prospect pedigree, but he has little defensive value( his FB fielding value is 30 which has so far proven to be the case) and only has 209 ABs and hasn’t yet shown what he can do. If you think he can be traded at this moment for a meaningful return, then ok.