First look at Lowther

Frobby

Just now, Beef Supreme said:

Good luck getting that return. It is uncommon.

Frankly if Weams can dominate up to the allstar break he should be sought after.  Being a lefty and playing against the AL East and being cheap for years to come it will demand a large price.  Especially if we only take prospects and dont demand any Major League level players in return.  

I could see a team like the Yankees being desperate for an ace at the trade deadline.  

10 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

If Means dominates to the Allstar break would it make sense to trade him if we can get a return like Bedard got?

Bedard get Jones, Tillman, Flat Breezy,  Flat Breezy was flipped.  

If Means is 12-3 at the allstar break we should flip him.

The second the words “contract, arbitration, money, extension” come out of Means’ camp, he’s long gone. They’ll trade him for some 16 year olds!!!

9 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

If Means dominates to the Allstar break would it make sense to trade him if we can get a return like Bedard got?

Bedard get Jones, Tillman, Flat Breezy,  Flat Breezy was flipped.  

If Means is 12-3 at the allstar break we should flip him.

How about if he has thrown 100 innings at a 1.1 WHIP with a 0.5 HR/9 carrying a 2.50 ERA and a 3 -6 W/L? (Face it - no way he tallies 12 W's by the break.)

You would still be wildly lucky to get what Bedard returned, even if the talent is advertised as such.

Just now, Beef Supreme said:

How about if he has thrown 100 innings at a 1.1 WHIP with a 0.5 HR/9 carrying a 2.50 ERA and a 3 -6 W/L? (Face it - no way he tallies 12 W's by the break.)

You would still be wildly lucky to get what Bedard returned, even if the talent is advertised as such.

Yea, the odds of getting a Tillman and a Jones in the same deal are pretty long.

1 minute ago, Gurgi said:

A name out of the past.  Yes I forgot about Kam.  We flipped him after a year didnt we?  Or did we let him just walk?  I cant remember

He played for the O's for three years.  I don't recall if he was traded or released.  Had some success in Asia.

The continent, not the band. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

Frankly if Weams can dominate up to the allstar break he should be sought after.  Being a lefty and playing against the AL East and being cheap for years to come it will demand a large price.  Especially if we only take prospects and dont demand any Major League level players in return.  

I could see a team like the Yankees being desperate for an ace at the trade deadline.  

I hope Michael is feeling well. And that he can, indeed, DOMINATE up to the All-Star Break!

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Beef Supreme said:

I was less disappointed in Kam's performances than the band's.

I love Greg Lake but they never should have dropped Wetton from the band.

I don't have an issue with a bunch of prog guys chasing some commercial success.

You want disappointment, listen to the GTR album.

Means is young. He is controlled, he is cheap, he is a horse, meaning he is huge and he is healthy, and he can probably pitch successfully for a long time. He has been around long enough to have meaningful success so he’s probably not a flash in the pan.

A team on the brink might well be willing to overpay. Remember Dan wasn’t the only GM who gave too much. 
I haven’t looked at the potential playoff teams, who need a good lefty, but I bet there’s more than one: look at the closing window, or maybe look at the combination of opening window and Deep system? And foolish GM. Look for those. They haven’t all been purged.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, orioles22 said:

I guess I'm in the minority, but I'd much rather see the Orioles start extending some of their top players. I don't get the point of following a team where you continue to "flip" your best players.

I think folks aren't hopeful that the O's will extend Means.  Better to flip him at what we perceive is peak value then let him walk or trade him for a pittance.