Adley Rutschman 2021

glenn__davis

8 hours ago, webbrick2010 said:

By the way Abrams is 3 years younger than Rutschman

Yeah, I think I’ll wait more than one game before making judgments.   

In any event, what’s important to me is that Rutschman becomes a very good player.   If he is, but someone else turns out to be a little bit better, I’ll live with it.   

12 hours ago, Frobby said:

I noticed Rutschman played 1B today.  

He turned a nice 3-6-3 DP in yesterday's game. Looked natural over there so its good to see he should have a place to play when they want to give him time off from catcher.

I will say after strikeout filled spring training, it's not a good sign to see him strike out in 5 of his first 10 AA PAs. I'll be honest, he has huge holes in that upper cut swing and I'm not sure why this hasn't been addressed at this point. They had all spring and alt camp to watch this swing and it appears to be a one plane upper cut swing with lots of holes. 

He swings through a lot of pitches both fastball and curveballs. Maybe it's a timing issue, but his timing must have been off all spring so far because he was underwhelming in spring training and now has started off with a lot of miss. I've watched his PAs and they have mainly been against guys throwing 93 mph and above.

Just something to watch as he continues.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

I will say after strikeout filled spring training, it's not a good sign to see him strike out in 5 of his first 10 AA PAs. I'll be honest, he has huge holes in that upper cut swing and I'm not sure why this hasn't been addressed at this point. They had all spring and alt camp to watch this swing and it appears to be a one plane upper cut swing with lots of holes. 

He swings through a lot of pitches both fastball and curveballs. Maybe it's a timing issue, but his timing must have been off all spring so far because he was underwhelming in spring training and now has started off with a lot of miss. I've watched his PAs and they have mainly been against guys throwing 93 mph and above.

Just something to watch as he continues.

Do you also find it odd that he isn't even accidentally hitting more homers when he does make contact?

2 hours ago, baltfan said:

Do you also find it odd that he isn't even accidentally hitting more homers when he does make contact?

It has been 9 at-bats. He hit a perfectly respectable 2 homers in 46 plate appearances at Delmarva. Give him a few months before writing his eulogy.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MurphDogg said:

It has been 9 at-bats. He hit a perfectly respectable 2 homers in 46 plate appearances at Delmarva. Give him a few months before writing his eulogy.

I’m just curious: When people include someone struggling and they struggled in Spring Training too, should it be included or no?