Odds of tonight’s game being rained out?

higgybaby

3 minutes ago, scOtt said:

I just got away from it, because... stuff. But also because of work my shoulders are hamburger. I can't hit a ball out of my own shadow anymore.

Once you've been at "a level"... and then you're 4 or 5 levels lower, game loses it's appeal. I'd rather play Augusta on the computer.

Agree 100% and unless I start moving up tee boxes (not QUITE @ AARP level yet), I don't expect to return to the glory of my mid-30's hahaha... I still have my "keeper" scorecards signed by my playing partner. AH THE GLORY DAYS, SCOTT!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Agree 100% and unless I start moving up tee boxes (not QUITE @ AARP level yet), I don't expect to return to the glory of my mid-30's hahaha... I still have my "keeper" scorecards signed by my playing partner. AH THE GLORY DAYS, SCOTT!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

3 holes-in-one! Shot 66 once! :D

7 minutes ago, Moshagge3 said:

A 7-inning doubleheader really plays into the Red Sox hands. Starters who give you questionable length, a dominant closer, and no middle relief. Who is happier to get play seven than Boston? 

Our pen is pretty good front to back. I'll take our chances.

25 minutes ago, Moshagge3 said:

A 7-inning doubleheader really plays into the Red Sox hands. Starters who give you questionable length, a dominant closer, and no middle relief. Who is happier to get play seven than Boston? 

17 minutes ago, scOtt said:

I would say the bigger issue is that our pen is well-rested between the Means no-no and the off day. Pushing into Saturday erodes some of that potential advantage.

54 minutes ago, scOtt said:

That's the point, the Sox pen isn't pretty good front to back. But if they can get 6 innings out of Rodriguez they can go right to their very good closer. Also, as BohKnows pointed out, they just played a 12-9 circus ballgame where they burnt a lot of bullpen, a rainout bails them out a little. Not really important in the big picture, but it's something to talk about.

I hate the seven-inning doubleheaders way more than the extra inning rule.

1 hour ago, scOtt said:

I just got away from it, because... stuff. But also because of work my shoulders are hamburger. I can't hit a ball out of my own shadow anymore.

Once you've been at "a level"... and then you're 4 or 5 levels lower, game loses it's appeal. I'd rather play Augusta on the computer.

Yeah tell me aboot it!  I was never at Hank's level but I sniffed "greatness" by beating par once (on an easy par 72 course).  Used to hit persimmon 6 wood 200 yards.  Now big Titleist driver goes maybe 230 when I hit it on the screws.  Alas!  That was a fun time when we all did play so many years ago!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bobmc said:

Yeah tell me aboot it!  I was never at Hank's level but I sniffed "greatness" by beating par once (on an easy par 72 course).  Used to hit persimmon 6 wood 200 yards.  Now big Titleist driver goes maybe 230 when I hit it on the screws.  Alas!  That was a fun time when we all did play so many years ago!

I had a heluva front 9 that day! ?