Bring up Ryan Ripken!

NelsonCruuuuuz

8 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

So you wanna see Ryan Ripken in Baltimore because....?

If his last name was Lawrence or Sanchez or something other than Ripken would you be in favor?

Of course not. But having 3 generations of Ripken’s in an Oriole uniform would be cool, even if his play doesn’t warrant it.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

If you can't field a competitive team why not go the sideshow stuff?

Maybe a couple hundred extra fans would come out for Ryan.

Yeah, the time that Tim Raines and Tim Raines Jr. suited up for the Orioles is such a highlight in this franchise's history.  

• Haha 1

He's on a cold streak right now. That happens in baseball so im not too worried about it. If he's still batting under .250 in June i'll get a little worried but right now he deserves to be in the lineup every night. 

1 hour ago, jabba72 said:

He's on a cold streak right now. That happens in baseball so im not too worried about it. If he's still batting under .250 in June i'll get a little worried but right now he deserves to be in the lineup every night. 

You're still talking about Ryan Ripken?  He's 27 and has a career OPS in the minors of .613.  It's more than a bit puzzling why he's even in AAA at all, much less playing regularly.

44 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

You're still talking about Ryan Ripken?  He's 27 and has a career OPS in the minors of .613.  It's more than a bit puzzling why he's even in AAA at all, much less playing regularly.

If it wasnt because of his last name, he would have been patted on the back and sent home, been nice knowing you kid.

1 hour ago, DrungoHazewood said:

I dont know, if Ryan McKenna's getting at bats, then its not too much of a stretch to see Ripken either. But he has to hit first. I admit it would help his cause alot if he played another position. 

3 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

I dont know, if Ryan McKenna's getting at bats, then its not too much of a stretch to see Ripken either. But he has to hit first. I admit it would help his cause alot if he played another position. 

He barely plays first base.

14 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

McKenna isn't much of a hitter, but he can play a decent center field.  His last full year in the minors was at 22 in AA, which is pretty age appropriate for a prospect.  And he did have that 1.000 OPS in Frederick at 21.

Ryan Ripken has always been old for his level, has never had an OPS over .736 anywhere, even as a 25-year-old in A ball.  Career mark of .613.  And is strictly a first baseman, which means he'd have to OPS .800 or .850 to even have a fighting chance at the majors.

If McKenna is a 40 or 45 level prospect, Ripken is a 20 or 25.  There are 75 Ryan Ripkens in the Atlantic League.