Bundy trade looking better

OriolesMagic83

2 hours ago, Morgan423 said:

He has been feasting on AA hitters: 1-0 with 0.00 ERA, 0.88 WHIP, and 26 K in 13.2 IP.  Saw a highlight reel on twitter, and the curve and slider are filthy.  If he pitches this way in AAA, it's not going to take him long to get here.

Is tomorrow too soon?

4 hours ago, wildcard said:

If the O's think Bradish is going to be  really good we will not see him on the O's roster this year.  

Were you being snarky to the O's or do you see a deep strategy here...?

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, connja said:

Through mid-June, Bundy has 1 win, and a 6.98 ERA.

How much longer can a team that wants to win keep sending him out there?

The fact that they are still hanging in despite Trout being hurt, and Rendon and Bundy being terrible is interesting and why I love baseball so much. 

gotta say though, I expected regression from Bundy but not this bad. 

3 minutes ago, ThomasTomasz said:

The fact that they are still hanging in despite Trout being hurt, and Rendon and Bundy being terrible is interesting and why I love baseball so much. 

gotta say though, I expected regression from Bundy but not this bad. 

Well the homers are killing him but he also has an unlucky HR/FB rate.

The K rate is slightly down  but it’s still good.  He is still missing bats and throwing strikes at an above league average level and the Bb rate is solid.

14 homers in less than 60 innings though.  That’s what is killing him.  If I were the Angels, I would keep pitching him.  He should turn it around but he just isn’t as good as he showed in a SSS in 2020.  He is a lot better than his ERA this year indicates though.

44 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

The K rate is slightly down  but it’s still good.  He is still missing bats and throwing strikes at an above league average level and the Bb rate is solid.

I'm curious if there is a common perception of a good strike percentage.   A key component of good pitching is getting people to chase balls out of the zone.  This is how you get Ks and weakly hit grounders.  So if you're throwing too many balls in the zone, probably gonna be getting hit.

8 minutes ago, connja said:

I'm curious if there is a common perception of a good strike percentage.   A key component of good pitching is getting people to chase balls out of the zone.  This is how you get Ks and weakly hit grounders.  So if you're throwing too many balls in the zone, probably gonna be getting hit.

I think it depends on the quality of strikes.  Most very successful starters are throwing a lot of strikes. You may be able to get away with it a little more as a reliever, if you are a high strikeout guy but starters need to throw strikes.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

I really like Dylan Bundy, but I’m kind of enjoying the fact that people who thought the Angels had found some big improvement mechanism that the Orioles somehow missed are having to eat some crow.    I do hope he turns it around though.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I really like Dylan Bundy, but I’m kind of enjoying the fact that people who thought the Angels had found some big improvement mechanism that the Orioles somehow missed are having to eat some crow.    I do hope he turns it around though.  

SSS still aren't things people comprehend for some reason.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

SSS still aren't things people comprehend for some reason.

Ironic timing of the current tweet, since Bundy just passed the IP total from last years shortened season.  The tweet makes it sound like it's continuing to trend in the wrong direction. 

https://www.mlb.com/player/dylan-bundy-605164

LAA AL 6 3 3.29 11 11 1 0 0 0 0 65.2 51 27 24 5 1018 4 17 1 72 .208 1.04 0.91
2021 LAA AL 1 7 6.68 13 13 0 0 0 0 0 63.1 68 49 47 14 1050 4 20 0 60 .274 1.39 1.16

50 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Who was the minor league pitcher that we traded to the Angels that had a few good outings with them in the bigs causing people on this board started to melt down?