Is this team bad enough for the number 1 pick?

Greenpastures23

6 minutes ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

The strawman is a common tactic on here I noticed. If you don’t like an Elias’ pick, you must be critical of him personally, wishing him ill will or don’t want the Orioles to succeed. None of which is true on my part and but very upset with that selection at the time it occurred and still don’t like it. 

What worries me is this year’s draft or next. Are you confident he will take Greene in 2022 with the first pick? I’d hope so but…and this year many mocks for us going underslot again which I am not a fan of with some real good players available. 

If Greene continues his current projection and the O's are picking 1-1 I think he takes him.  Just like he went with the clear consensus with Adley.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

That is very different than drafting for need.

I don't care what you call it.  If there is a highly rating SS in the 2022 draft I can see Elias going for him.  He thinks they are the best position players and does not like to draft pitchers that high.

1 minute ago, wildcard said:

I don't care what you call it.  If there is a highly rating SS in the 2022 draft I can see Elias going for him.  He thinks they are the best position players and does not like to draft pitchers that high.

Best route to go when drafting is taking the best prospect available. If the number one player on the board is a shortstop then that's who I want Elias to take. 

3 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Best route to go when drafting is taking the best prospect available. If the number one player on the board is a shortstop then that's who I want Elias to take. 

Like he did last year?   

6 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

But he did not do that with Correa or Kjerstad.

28 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I know, I was giving my preference on draft strategy as opposed to what Elias has done in certain instances. 

And that's perfectly fair.  I hope they go with the best pitcher UNLESS they think the best position player is significantly better than the best pitcher.