Hudson Haskin is en fuego!

Frobby

6 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

Looks like Haskin was pulled after 1 AB today.  Any word on why?

He was hit by a pitch in the first inning and removed a few innings later. Best guess is that he tried to tough it out and either couldn’t, or they didn’t want to risk it on a possibly damp field.

• Upvote 1

On 5/30/2021 at 8:45 PM, Legend_Of_Joey said:

He was hit by a pitch in the first inning and removed a few innings later. Best guess is that he tried to tough it out and either couldn’t, or they didn’t want to risk it on a possibly damp field.

I mentioned it in some other thread, but Haskin leans his head in as much as any hitter you'll ever see. He's been hit 7 times already this season.

On 5/24/2021 at 3:41 AM, Sports Guy said:

He is one of the biggest mysteries in the minors for me.  The Orioles really liked him and felt that he would go higher if last year was a normal college season.

If he is a legit CF prospect, that’s enormous.

Do they just have one ump for those games?  Even little has two umpires with one behind the plate and one on the bases.  It is usually the base umpire that signals the homerun.  I just found this odd.  I guess they are taking this Covid-era social distancing seriously by reducing the number of people on the field during a game.

3 hours ago, Ruzious said:

Haskin was a high 2nd round pick, already 22, OPSing .941 in Delmarva with 11 steals in 12 attempts... Is he really going to develop as well and as quickly in Delmarva as he would in Aberdeen?  

It’s been a month...draft eligible sophomore with a short college season. Probably won’t be long, though. 

4 hours ago, Ruzious said:

Haskin was a high 2nd round pick, already 22, OPSing .941 in Delmarva with 11 steals in 12 attempts... Is he really going to develop as well and as quickly in Delmarva as he would in Aberdeen?  

Yep..he’s another one who is ready for a promotion.  

7 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Yep..he’s another one who is ready for a promotion.  

Yup, and it’s not like just promote these guys because of a hot stretch. It’s these guys were drafted out of college, lost a 2020 season, now they were placed at a level and showing they need to be at a higher level. 

Elias needs to adjust. Some players are showing they don’t need their original conservative placements. 

• 4 weeks later...