Multiple moves (6/27 Edition): Galvis to IL, Wade/Stevie down, Leyba/Urias/McKenna up

Legend_Of_Joey

I hope the promotions are real guys and not just warm bodies. I really like giving prospects opportunity, and giving non-prospects a day or two on the big team, but eventually you want real guys who can really help you win real games, because losing sucks and losing embarrassingly is worse. I’ve never been to Baltimore, I don’t know anything about the city except it’s troubled, but You would hope for the baseball team to be a source of pride.

Edited by Philip

52 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Santander wasn’t running well and Glavis has the quad issue. Urias and Leyba were also pulled from the Norfolk line up.

Is multiple more than a flurry?  Axing for a BFF.  Is Leyba "glove or bat first"?

• Haha 1

• Legend_Of_Joey changed the title to Multiple moves (6/27 Edition): Galvis to IL, Wade/Stevie down, Leyba/Urias/McKenna up
4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’m anxious to see Leyba.  If he can hit a little, wouldn’t mind seeing him supplant Franco at 3B when Galvis returns.  

Defensively, Leyba at 3B reminds me of Franco with a below average arm. Not much of a hustler overall, but is a switch hitter who some semblance of what he's doing at the plate.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

Defensively, Leyba at 3B reminds me of Franco with a below average arm. Not much of a hustler overall, but is a switch hitter who some semblance of what he's doing at the plate.

That is really “damning with faint praise” But regardless isn’t Leyba targeted for 2B?

17 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I'm not sure what this means. How can a 25-year-old who's aspiring to make it to the ML be "[n]ot much of a hustler"? I just don't get it.

I get it that veterans like Franco might not hustle all the time, whether to save their legs or just because they don't feel like it. But a guy on the edge of a roster spot and MLB salary?