Wednesday: Orioles end 20-game-in-20-day stretch, and the month of June, and reach season midpoint in Houston

SteveA

3 minutes ago, Philip said:

You missed my comment, which is that Hyde  has a plan. He knows who he is going to bring in when the starter is done. It’s either going to be X or Y depending on what part of the order is coming up.

You are suggesting he has no plan. Of course he has a plan. I’m saying he waits too long to implement it. He always leaves his starter in too long and if you don’t think that’s true go back and look at the starting logs. I have done so. He always leaves his starter in too long and he did so tonight as well. We may think our stars that Scott managed to put out the fire.

I am not saying he has no plan.  I am saying YOU have no plan.  You say he makes a mistake leaving a pitcher in without saying who you would have brought in.  Constantly.  And if the pitcher allows a run you feel like that is proof you were right, even though it is possible that the reliever would have allowed as many or more.  You have no concern about burning out the bullpen.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, waroriole said:

Is this the written equivalent of puffing out your chest?

Well I attempted to delete that comment immediately after posting it. I’m sorry I was unsuccessful.

but I stand by what I say every time Hyde does this and I have neither need nor interest in restating it.

Hyde leaves his starters in too long. Sometimes it works out ok. Most of the time it doesn’t.

Just now, spiritof66 said:

Why aren't guys trained to drop or trap balls like one Correa just caught for an easy double play?

Stuff can go wrong.  It can get away from you.  Such a split second decision.

Now a routine pop that is too deep to be an infield fly, or with just a man on first.  That seems like something we should see so more often than we do.

1 minute ago, Philip said:

Well I attempted to delete that comment immediately after posting it. I’m sorry I was unsuccessful.

but I stand by what I say every time Hyde does this and I have neither need nor interest in restating it.

Hyde leaves his starters in too long. Sometimes it works out ok. Most of the time it doesn’t.

Bro, I just laid it out for you.  

The bullpen is taxed.  Your answer is that he leaves the starters in for too long and that would...tax the bullpen even more.  

1 minute ago, Philip said:

Haha I’m just having a go at you. I don’t care. 

He leaves his starters in too long, no doubt. But he has 5 innings to cover for a win. You have to squeeze a few extra outs from your SP with a tired bullpen. It’s not like he has a lot of reliable arms out there. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Bro, I just laid it out for you.  

The bullpen is taxed.  Your answer is that he leaves the starters in for too long and that would...tax the bullpen even more.  

And we brought up a couple AAA arms to eat innings if Harvey got pounded.  We don't really want to use those guys in a close game trying to protect a lead.  So if you assume those guys will only pitch if we are losing it maybe if it goes extras, we are going to have to stretch out Scott, Harvey, Wells even more to get through 9.  Or use Fry and/or Sulser after they threw 30+ pitches Monday 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Stuff can go wrong.  It can get away from you.  Such a split second decision.

Now a routine pop that is too deep to be an infield fly, or with just a man on first.  That seems like something we should see so more often than we do.

I agree fast guy on first, easy IF pop up anywhere near 2B by a slow guy should always be dropped for the easy force play